Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fuck? I got into Diesel because I was under the impression they were more stable than that. My 8FCs ripped where my right nut hangs today. Got them Feb 08.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Should I get washes with more elastane/spandex/whatever in them to prevent this from happening? My Zathan 71Js also ripped in the knee which is BULLSHIT if you ask me.

Thinking about moving to Rocks.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think TR's have the most 'stable' fabric.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
:rofl you're thinking about moving to Rocks? Those are easily the shittiest quality designer jeans you could get. I've never heard of a pair of Diesels ripping before, mine have certainly been worn fairly hard and nothing's happened to them A couple of those are 4 years old too

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Maybe but they feel shitty and coarse. IMO. Don't like anything I've seen of TR.

Ace - you don't say? They feel damn nice and look damn good. What's the negative about them?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
^^Overall they're just terrible quality for the price and I've read a few stories of them ripping under normal wear. Their denim is very thin (the pairs I have are easily my lightest jeans) and the stitching isn't great. It didn't stop me from getting a couple pairs but if your goal is simply to get a higher quality jean than those aren't really a good choice

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
actually i've seen many guys with rips in their Diesel's (daily). I don't think they did it intentionally (doesn't look like it)
I guess you wore them too many times (favourite pair? :p)

it's just that TR is supposed to have the most durability of fabrics.

R&R's, at least most, are terribly lightweight, and some washes are imo weird as well. They are very thin, but maybe that's their intention.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
r&rs rip more then any premium denim. crotch and butt area mostly. there have been a ton of people on here that have had problems w/rocks and i have seen numerous r&rs on ebay w/ rips in the same areas.

i have had probably like 30+ diesel jeans over the years and only one ripped, t13(super thin denim like rocks which i cut the liner out of b/c they were too tight on my legs.

i don't know why ur diesels are ripping b/c diesels by far have the thickest most durabe denim in my opinion. i have wore my 71js a lot of the last year and a half and no sign of rips yet. i actually would welcome more distressing. just throw a patch behind em.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've owned so many Diesel jeans, some of them I've been wearing for 5 years and they're still in perfect conditions. The only pair that faded a little bit is the Larkee 88Z.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Seriously...I have done some Yoga in my Zatinys dude...

But by all means go get your self some R&Rs. Maybe you can blast the crotch outta those too!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL

Ninja kicks is actually why I got interested in Diesel. I used to wear like Hollister type jeans before hahaha. Did an axe kick and they fucking blew right through the crotch.

Yeah the 8FCs were my fav pair. I'll just patch them underneath when I get the chance but I'd like to avoid this in the future. I'm kind of a lean and built guy. My legs are big. I wear size 31 in everything I've tried except R&Rs where I have to size up to 32. I sized down to 30 with the 71js because I heard you had to, maybe that explains the knee blowing out. Maybe I should start moving to cuts like Zaf? Except I HATE flared openings. And there are no good washes for Koffha anymore. Kind of want straight leg in the future and was looking into Viker.. also I hate the majority of Diesel washes out right now. I like deep, dark, rich washes. Should I take a pic to show you how the 8FCs and 71Js fit on me so you can say if I should look into something like Koffhas in the future?

·
Registered
144 Posts
i actually got a barely used koffha 71j 31x30 that i want to get rid of. Only wore it twice and i don't want it because i prefer tighter cuts now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm 32L =/ and into darker washes right now. ALSO I'm only into washes that aren't 100% cotton. 8FC was good but more than 1% elastane would be better.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
two guesses:

1. they were too tight and you were moving around more than the jeans wanted you too.

2. your balls needed AC and this was Diesel's way of helping you. everyone knows that authentic Diesel jeans have an actual brain that was created by a mad scientist from the planet xenon. :twitch

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've never had a pair of Diesels rip on me! I wear my Zathan's quite tight too but they don't show any sign of wear!

Perhaps a pic or two would help with deciding if a different cut would help you out!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL, whatever. I think it could help.

My 8FCs. They look good for me IMO, my thighs aren't bulging through them yet, you can see there is some leg room.

As opposed to some wider fitted Guess jeans I have. A lot of leg room, don't fit my form as well IMO. But maybe my view is skewed.

Stick with Zatiny type cuts?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts