Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm diggin some blk patent or red patent heels, but how well does patent wear? I mean, in terms of durability and scuffing? I know w/Louis Vuitton vernis bags, there are scuffing issues...and the vernis style has this similar patent leather look to it.

**For u patent leather shoe owners, have u had problems w/scuffing, and if so, is there anything u have used to get rid of the scuffs?** Is it better to just stick w/"regular" leather instead of patent?

·
Registered
940 Posts
i have a pair of jessica simpson barb shoes which are patent leather and i just looked them over, no scuffs or scratches that i can see and i don't treat them with anything. i say go for it! :)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
someone once told me to use vaseline to get rid of scuffs.. but i have never done it and i could be sooo wrong. just thought i'd throw that out there!!!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
ive had a pair of patents before (and thank god they didn't cost me much) and i got some scuffs...but then again, i dont take care of my shoes that well because a majority of them arent $$$$

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i use lysol wipes...it sounds insane but it usually works for me. Or if you dont like the idea of using chemicals than try a brand new eraser and rub the scuffs off...dont use one that has lead on it or itll make the marks worse

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmmm...sounds like consensus is to be careful w/patents. i will take this advice! i am lookin to get the steve madden luvvy in red patent and/or blk patent.

ely: will ANY type of disinfecting wipe work, or does it have to be lysol? i have clorox wipes and the costco kirklnd sig brand... oh, and the tip re: erasers sounds like a winner, 2, but how do i determine if the eraser has lead in it? what about the types that are just stuck on the ends of No.2 pencils?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
^^If the eraser has black/gray spots, it has lead on it. You just need to use a clean eraser. If it does have lead on it, you can rub the discolored part off on paper or something and then use it once it's clean.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
^^If the eraser has black/gray spots, it has lead on it. You just need to use a clean eraser. If it does have lead on it, you can rub the discolored part off on paper or something and then use it once it's clean.
exactly what i was going to say...i usually use lysol, so i don't know how effective the other ones will be but they're all probably the same, as long as they don't have alot of bleach i guess it'll work just as good

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a pair of patent shoes that are amazing and resist scuffing like crazy. Just wipe with a paper towel. They were mid-price, around $125. I don't think I'd buy cheap patent (looks cheap) or expensive (too delicate).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts