Authentic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I do know my bf's email password and have access to his computer, and no I don't snoop.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
So me and one of my friends we talking last night, and I need your input. If you knew your bf/gf's email password, or had access to use their computer, would you snoop?
I think if you feel the need to snoop that you need to look closer at the reasons behind it. Invading someone's privacy is never ok, I'm sure you would be upset if he snooped through your stuff. If you don't trust him, which would be the main reason why you would look through his stuff, then it's time to have a talk. But if you have been known to be a jealous person or look for things that aren't there in previous relationships, then you need to keep it to yourself. Those are your issues to deal with and it's not fair to dunp your insecurities on another person.

BUT, if you are generally a very trusting person and you're feeling insecure or like you can't trust him...by all means have a heart to heart and see if there is anything to your intuitions.

A lot of times people say trust your gut, but if you're typically the type of person who is always second-guessing people, it may not be their issues and you might not be able to trust your instincts.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
My husband and I know all of each others passwords, but not for snooping purposes. Snooping really gets you nowhere and if you feel the need to do it, there must be something wrong.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
My husband and I know all of each others passwords, but not for snooping purposes. Snooping really gets you nowhere and if you feel the need to do it, there must be something wrong.
Agree. Hubby and I know each other's passwords and have had to get into each others email before (looking up flight numbers or whatever). I never snoop in Hubby's email because he never cleans out his inbox. He seriously has emails from 2001 in there. It drives me crazy! I went in and cleared them out for him once, created folders so he could organize them, but he didn't keep up with it. :rofl

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Agree. Hubby and I know each other's passwords and have had to get into each others email before (looking up flight numbers or whatever). I never snoop in Hubby's email because he never cleans out his inbox. He seriously has emails from 2001 in there. It drives me crazy! I went in and cleared them out for him once, created folders so he could organize them, but he didn't keep up with it. :rofl
i have 8689 unread email messages in my inbox from im not sure how many years back. im not sure what that means about how many total email messages are in there, including the ones ive read. lol.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
My husband actually went through my phone one time and found a text from a guy talking about me meeting him in the city. He was all pissed off until he realized that I went there to pick up Yankees/Red Sox tickets for him. He doesn't snoop anymore.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Absolutely not.

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
Never. We know each others passwords for everything but I never snoop in his things. That would signify that I don't trust him and if that were the case then that would tell me our marriage needed some work.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you snoop, you will find something you don't want to see. Always, even if there is nothing actually wrong.
Exactly.

Once, my husband called me and asked me to go through his work truck and look for a phone number that he had written on a scrap of paper. I found a preserved fish-head... looked like some kind of do-it-yourself taxidermy. SICK. I have no desire to ever look through anyone's stuff... especially his.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
snooping is the beginning of The End.
+1

If you snoop, you will find something you don't want to see. Always, even if there is nothing actually wrong.
Always.

I know my husbands passwords.. and I only use them when he asks me to.. (or to pay the bills ;)) or to see if he got something he forgot to forward to me (because hes infamous for it) I read his texts if it goes off and Im next to it.. and say "hey so and so txtd you.." he knows mine and doesn't touch my stuff. The ONE time he snooped he took EVERYTHING out of context and got really upset.. and I had to spend a week explaining it. (He was reading 6+ year old logs from AIM... :roll) so he just doesnt do it anymore... he admitted the only reason he did it was because he was sure i wasnt telling him something.. Sure I didnt tell him about those chats.. we werent together when they happened :rofl

1 - 20 of 76 Posts