Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a pair of Uggs for my sister and the seller has over 4500 feedback 100% positive-I think the boots are real, even though there is only one pic, but she keeps the majority of her listings private :IDK Why do sellers do that? The odd feedback remark says 'authentic jeans' or 'great boots' beyond that I've no idea what other items she has sold.

What do you think?

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
Hmmm. I probably wouldn't buy there, but that is just me.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
^^Me either because they can sell fakes and you have no clue and nothing to look at. Most sellers that keep private listings and feedback are either selling things that would embarrass people if everyone knew (dildos) or selling fakes.

·
Registered
10,459 Posts
I would definitely be leery.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I buy things from a bulk seller with private feedback. The items are 100% authentic but I pretty sure that he keeps the listings private because he has huge price fluctuations on the single item he sells. There are times that an item one day will sell for a couple of bucks and the next day over a hundred dollars. In that case, I would keep my auctions private too so people wouldn't be discouraged from bidding higher amounts thinking they should hold off and keep watching and waiting for cheaper based on past sales. I felt like an ass when I bought a bathing suit this summer for $70 from a bulk swimsuit seller and later checked her auctions and saw that she had MULTIPLE suits in the same size/color that all sold for under $15 each time. Ugh! If I had known that I probably would have held off too realizing I wasn't bidding for a highly sought after item but just against another determined buyer.

I dunno if that's the case with your ugg seller but its just a thought...

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
330 Posts
^^Me either because they can sell fakes and you have no clue and nothing to look at. Most sellers that keep private listings and feedback are either selling things that would embarrass people if everyone knew (dildos) or selling fakes.

That's what I was thinking -- maybe they have sold *adult* items?

·
Registered
5,041 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just checked out her other items and only 2 of her 773 auctions aren't BINs, so I don't think she's shilling, but I can't see why they are private either :IDK and thanks for those sites Numero, I'll check them out in a bit x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts