Authentic Jeans Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

· Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you buy a "fake" item if the job done was just perfect, yet you were told that it's not authentic?

My mother knows someone who sells "fake" handbags. The reason I put fake in quotation marks is because it's really hard to tell if they're fake or not because they are so very well done. My mom's boss bought one of those bags, which was a replica of Chanel. She's in a taylor business and her clients are very rich. So one of the clients saw the bag and got obsessed with it. She used to work for Chanel and she knows a lot about designer stuff in general. She inspected the bag carefully and just refused to believe the bag was not an authentic Chanel. I've seen some of them and I really liked a couple, but I'm debating with myself right now. She's also giving me extra 10% off.

So would you buy something like that or you would just stick to your principle of not buying fakes?

· Registered
9,398 Posts
stick to principle....hands down

Fakes no matter what are Illegal, and support terrorism

i would never support that ....ever

· Registered
1,595 Posts
i would say no only because you don't know what kind of causes or activities that money is supporting...i would hate to think that my hard earned money is helping to support a counterfeit kingpin who abuses women and children for labor:shake

· Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would not buy it on principle. If I can't afford to carry designer stuff around, I will do without it and pick up a random bag that I can afford.
I'm pretty much the same way. I'm not a brand whore at all (I can't stand brand whores, really). It's all about design for me.

· Registered
6,320 Posts
She used to work for Chanel and she knows a lot about designer stuff in general. She inspected the bag carefully and just refused to believe the bag was not an authentic Chanel.
Many companies' employees aren't experts in authenticity, unfortunately.

· Premium Member
34,067 Posts
Never in a million years.

Counterfeiting is a TERRIBLE industry to support, no matter what their end product looks like. It's a criminal industry whose profit goes to more criminality.

· Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Many companies' employees aren't experts in authenticity, unfortunately.
This one is. She's a millionare and everything she owns comes from designer brands and stuff. She's very much into fashion so she knows a lot about it.

· Registered
1,560 Posts
I don't think that means anything.

Wave a pair of fakes in front of Nicole Richie and you think she will know the difference? No.

I think you can only know fake from real if you see jeans day in and day out like the experts here.

· Registered
9,935 Posts
just because she is a millionaire doesn't mean she can tell a real bag from her ass.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.