Authentic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my first pair of 7FAM (London wash) a couple of months ago. These are a 98/2 blend, which I prefer due to the softness. I bought 34's and thought they would fit me well. But they stretch out a ton after I wear them all day..they are seriously baggy on me by the end of the day. I wore them to Nordstrom once and the salesperson commented on how they were too big (I've also lost a few pounds recently, which hasn't helped the situation).

So last week Zappos had a sale and I purchased the Alberta wash in sizes 32 and 33. The 33 fits well in the waist right now. The 32 is a little tight in the waist, but not overly so (I can fit two fingers inside the waistband). So my question- since these are also a 98/2 blend, can I expect them to stretch out in a similar manner? If they will stretch, I will stick with the 32. I made a bad sizing decision on my first pair so I'm trying to avoid that again.

And a general sizing question- if I have to wear a belt with a certain pair of jeans, does that mean they are too loose?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
1) I have found that the thickness of denim and the wash determines the stretch factor more so than the amount of stretch/cotton combo. I know that doesn't help, but you can usually tell which jeans will REALLY stretch by feeling the denim. So no, just cause your LONs stretch a ton doesn't mean your ALB will.

2) Just like the denim of each pair is different, so may be the fit. I have had several jeans in the same cut and wash that fit totally different! Some are tight in the thighs, some tight in the waist, etc. So one cut my be larger in the waist but fit everywhere else perfectly; I wouldn't say just cause you need a belt the entire pair is too big. How do they look after a few hours in the rear? ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I bought BF those London ($50 @ Macys!?!) and they did stretch out a lot. Luckily I got him almost two sizes smaller and they look great on him now.

^I agree....depends on the wash. I usually buy mine snug (not uncomfortable though) and then they stretch a bit and fit me great.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have no experience with Alberta wash but I have London Kates and they stretch out more than any other pair I have. I think maybe b/c so thin? Anyway, it seems to be an extra-stretchy wash, more so than other 98/2 washes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts