Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a pair of rare mens TR. could any one tell me the rare styles or the best styles to lookout for. Better still if there is any for sale anywhere in a waist 32 33 0r 34

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Joey men's midnight rainbows in a light blue wash are very hard to find.
Men's Joey/Billy Triples in Urban Cowboy and Dark pony express are also no longer made and rare..

All pairs are jaw dropping. Good luck finding them though..

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
Why do you want to get a RARE pair?

Just because they are RARE?:shake

That means hardly anything to anyone.
You should get what you like & looks good on you, not what is 'rare'.

Rarity is ridiculously subjective...and it seems since you do not even KNOW what is rare, you only want it because some TR afficianados on the internet 'like most of us' have DEEMED it to be so.

Thats silly.
IMO.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
^^^ I agree you should get what you like and not just get something because it is rare:magwink

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
^What luvapup and localina said. :thumbsup Do I feel confident when wearing a pair of TR that might be considered rare? Sure. But if I don't think a pair looks good on me I will not wear them solely based on the fact that they are coveted by a very select few people. If a "common" pair of TR (or any other brand) is flattering, comfortable, cute, etc, I will still wear them with pride. Does anyone else care my jeans are "rare"? No. But they might care that I look good in them. :magwink

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sure I want them to look good but it would be better if when i go out i was not confronted with people all walking around in the same makes and styles of jeans. Thats why I went off Diesel branded jeans because everyone had them in the same styles. So it must be better to be in something that’s original and looks good!
is it not?

·
Banned
437 Posts
I sort of agree with you. That is just like when I got my louis vuitton wallet (pics are in the LV section) I got blue and white since everyone had brown and graphite even though they are all really nice. Just find a pair that fits well :)

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
What are the chances you will be wearing the exact same style of jeans as someone???

I have never seen people wearing the same jeans as me. ... I rarely see people wear any of the pairs I have and I live in LA where lots of people are wearing designer jeans.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
still think it is better to look good and orignal. otherwise why would we not save our money and buy some gap jeans

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
still think it is better to look good and orignal. otherwise why would we not save our money and buy some gap jeans
Because the quality and fit is not really on a par with Premium denim.

I have never seen anyone wearing the same pair of jeans as me, anytime.
In fact, its fairly rare that I see people wearing premium denim very often either.
I do live in a fairly cosmepolitan area too, not the 'sticks.'

·
Registered
489 Posts
I want to get a pair of rare mens TR. could any one tell me the rare styles or the best styles to lookout for. Better still if there is any for sale anywhere in a waist 32 33 0r 34
I believe luvapup was selling something with the wash of rebel or something like that I really don't remember at this point.

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
I believe luvapup was selling something with the wash of rebel or something like that I really don't remember at this point.
Yes, but its sold now.:)

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Make your own pair of jeans. You can go out in the world feeling great about yourself that you are the only one rocking dem denims yo!

If thats not possible try to find when brands are having sample sales.

I have a pair of TR's that were never put into production that come from a sample sale and they are my FAV pair of TR's! ....not just because they are rare...
:D

·
Registered
457 Posts
I completely agree with Joan. The point of buying premium denim is not to stamp some expensive brand's logo or trademark on your ass. You buy PD for it's unparalleled quality, construction, and comfort. A lot of PD has unique washes you won't find on cheaper, more mainstream jeans because more time is put into their construction. A good amount of PD is made in the good 'ol US of A. Don't buy PD because you're trying to impress people with how much you can spend on jeans. If you find a pair of jeans that you really like, regardless of the brand, get them. It's all about finding your own style; finding different cuts that fit your body differently, or finding unique washes or distressing you won't find on any other brands of jeans. And people like Joan and the other moderators are here to help you find different PD at an affordable price. So whether you own one pair or 100 pairs of PD, just enjoy wearing them when you get the chance, not because of the designer name, but because these jeans are something you truly like.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts