Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just booked our flights to Miami for March next year. I've only visited Orlando and Tampa previously, so i'm in need of advice as to where to stay. It's a family holiday, so we need to book somewhere kiddy friendly and in an area where there's plenty to do for the kids. Surprisingly, i would like to be close to some good jean shopping, although the rest of the family won't be worried lol.

We're going to be in Miami for three nights before heading on to Orlando. We're then booked to stay in Orlando for 7 nights and then want to head back to Miami for another 7 nights. Any advice would be great.:D

· Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Lowes is the only one on my list so far lol but we're not even sure on which area would be best to stay in.

· Registered
4,473 Posts
lowes is like 3 min walking distance from where I live =))

anything on collins or on the beach is pretty damn gorgeous, its a very touristy area this time of year though so hotels might be $$$

I find that the lincoln rd/ espanola way area of the island is amazing, you can walk to anything.

ooh your going to have so much fun!!

· Registered
4,473 Posts
I would really advise you to stay in the pink circle lol, lincoln rd and espanola way, along with collins ave are some of the best locations to be on miami beach... heres an awesome site- talks about all the neat stuff to do, and amazzzing shopping.

South Beach Hotels | Miami Beach | Miami Beach USA's Guide

The star is the loews, you can see its got the best location for the beach, shpping, eating, clubbing, everything!

· Registered
5,221 Posts
We stayed at the National for a night on our honeymoon. It was amazing. Gorgeous pool and beach and fab art deco decor. It was right on the beach as well. We got it through priceline and didn't pay near rack rate.

· Registered
4,290 Posts
Last time in Miami Beach (we lived in Doral, Fl. then) we stayed at a small beach front hotel called “Winterhaven Hotel”, we loved it. But if i didnt know Miami i would choose a Miami city hotel and not a beach hotel. It really depends on what you wanna do and see.

· Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last time in Miami Beach (we lived in Doral, Fl. then) we stayed at a small beach front hotel called “Winterhaven Hotel”, we loved it. But if i didnt know Miami i would choose a Miami city hotel and not a beach hotel. It really depends on what you wanna do and see.
We were thinking of the beach because of the kids. Ideally, we would like to spend time relaxing, some sightseeing and a little shopping. We've never been to Miami before though, so we really don't know what area would be best to be in.

Jinga, thankyou for the link.:)

· Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We stayed at the National for a night on our honeymoon. It was amazing. Gorgeous pool and beach and fab art deco decor. It was right on the beach as well. We got it through priceline and didn't pay near rack rate.
Was it a very kiddy friendly hotel?

· Registered
5,221 Posts
Was it a very kiddy friendly hotel?
I was on my honeymoon, so I didn't pay much attention :ashamed :smoke We were hoping to get lucky because sometimes when you bid that star level and zone you get the Lowes, but we got the National instead. It was perfect for what we were doing :) but I just didn't pay much attention to the kid related stuff.

Now that we have Maxwell (our son), instead of staying in Miami, we usually head to the Florida Keys if we are that far south in Florida. It's more laid back and island like. We get a condo on the beach and enjoy nature instead of nightlife (though if you are in Key West, you have nightlife too). For a rockin' time, we go to Disneyworld (oh how life has changed) :rofl

· Registered
4,290 Posts
We don’t have kids yet, but I am not sure if i would go to Miami beach if we had, I mean, I love MB, but IMO it’s a very party/nightlife place more then a kid friendly spot. As Dawn said I also believe a more laid back place or Disney will be a better place for kids. Oh, and don’t forget to take the kids to the Venetian pool; http://www.venetianpool.com/, when I was a kid I loved it there…

· Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I was on my honeymoon, so I didn't pay much attention :ashamed :smoke We were hoping to get lucky because sometimes when you bid that star level and zone you get the Lowes, but we got the National instead. It was perfect for what we were doing :) but I just didn't pay much attention to the kid related stuff.

Now that we have Maxwell (our son), instead of staying in Miami, we usually head to the Florida Keys if we are that far south in Florida. It's more laid back and island like. We get a condo on the beach and enjoy nature instead of nightlife (though if you are in Key West, you have nightlife too). For a rockin' time, we go to Disneyworld (oh how life has changed) :rofl
We are doing a week in Disney but we need to fill up three days before we head down to it and then 7 days after before we fly home. :)

Maybe i'll get a guide book for the Florida Keys today.

· Registered
9,398 Posts
Next time Louise, you need to stay in Panama City!!! by me:D

The strip is super kid friendly:magwink

· Registered
5,221 Posts
In Key West this is our favorite place. The condos are incredible, they have their own beach, it's just great for kids It's really hard to get in to though, since they hold for owners a very long time, but if you can get in, it's totally worth it.
Key West Resort, Hyatt Beach House Resort, A Hyatt Vacation Club Resort From there, you can drive up to Bahia Honda for a great beach day or drive in to downtown Key West for nightlife, food and fun. You can find other great recommended Key West resorts on tripadvisor.com

In the middle keys, Cheeca Lodge Luxury Resorts Key West Florida | Cheeca Lodge and Spa – Key West, Florida, FL | Luxury Florida Vacation Spots , is supposed to be incredible. We usually just find a beach front condo in the middle keys as there are fewer restaurants and such, so we save money and cook in a few nights.

There are lots of nice places in Key Largo as well with Dove Creek Lodge being the most luxurious.

The further south you go, the less "American" and more "Caribbean" the Keys become. There is no other place like Key West and if you have time to make the drive there is lots of fun for everyone.

· Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Next time Louise, you need to stay in Panama City!!! by me:D

The strip is super kid friendly:magwink
Ohhhh yessss, i'll definately make sure of that next time.:D

gsmbaby19, i'm still looking and trying to decide where to stay for the last week. So far, we've booked three days at the Lowes in Miami, then onto Orlando for a week. I'm still looking at the Keys, i just don't want to be too far down, as our flight goes back from Miami and i don't want a big drive on the last day.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.