Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liz M's thread got me thinking... and today's a rainy day here in NJ- perfect board game weather! hehe. I always like to hear of new games (or old ones I haven't tried yet/forgot about) so post your favorites!

Mine are Scrabble (obviously, lol) and Scattegories (we LOVE this game!)

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Probably Settlers. :D Vanilla Settlers, and none of this stupid 5-6 players bullshit.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Just good old fashioned Scrabble :) The boyfriend and I get into seriously lame fights over it; I love it.

~L.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just saw your screenshot in the other thread- looks awesome! I am refusing to look at it while I'm at work though because I KNOW I will get no work done today if I start playing that! hahaha. I'll definitely check that out tonight though :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
i'll try to find the other site that allows multiple players at a time! and it also has the "honk" feature if someone is taking too long lol... we can all sign-up and THEN see who the sore losers really are.

anna, i forgot about cranium. i LOVE that game! especially if there's a huge group of us playing.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I looooove Cranium! Need more than 2 people to play, but it's great! :) Trivial Pursuit is also another favorite :D
i'll try to find the other site that allows multiple players at a time! and it also has the "honk" feature if someone is taking too long lol... we can all sign-up and THEN see who the sore losers really are.

anna, i forgot about cranium. i LOVE that game! especially if there's a huge group of us playing.
I totally forgot about Cranium!! That game is hilarious!

As for Trivial Pursuit, I don't do so well in normal TP. 90s TP, that's another story. And my team won LOTR TP at a friend's birthday party a couple of years back (we were two gay couples, Team Rainbow).

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
scrabble and pictionary would be my all time favorites
I don't know if you'd consider this a board game but jenga
And I love battleship
:love I love scrabble and pictionary! I am such a scrabble geek that I have both the dictionaries - US and International versions... I have the 2 and 3 letter words memorized lol.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit and Pictionary

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
It's not a board game, but my mom and stepdad brought over Rummikub a few weeks ago and that was pretty fun to play! I'll have to try to get DH to play Scrabble with me, I think we would have fun with that!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I love Scrabble & Monopoly as classics -- but have to third the vote for Cranium and also like Catchphrase (neither of which can be played with only 2 players though)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Oh -- and I played Scrabble once with my family -- my Grandmother and I were on a team. You know how if you use all 7 tiles on your first shot you win?

We had "titties"

:ashamed

SHE (my 76 year old Grandmother) was the one who spotted it :rofl

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Candyland, shoots and ladders, and Operation - I am being held hostage by my daughter when these games come out of the closet. :magwink

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Its not a board game, but I love Uno! Its a pastime with my family, I have even given my brother a bloody nose :)o I playing with my friends, he was bugging me and was so into it I punched him in the face :eek:) . I'm not violent much, promise! :p

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit.

I tried to get into games like Axis and Allies and Risk but I never really understood it...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts