Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
The belt label is leather.
Water and a dryer will distort leather, by swelling it and drying it out.

Its not a big deal really IMO. I have a leather belt label on my two new supers,
I assure you I will be washing them and NOT dry cleaning.

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
i got lots of jeans with leather belt label..and i didnt experienced this before..tr belt label leather is too fragile..i guess..
Its a solid piece of leather. It is not fragile. It is pressed pattern design. Naturally if wet, the leather will swell. What other jeans do you have that have a thick chunk of leather like these?

· Registered
6,227 Posts
Mine did the same thing, washed in cold water, but ink has pretty much come off. Glad I wasn't the only one.

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Mine did the same thing, washed in cold water, but ink has pretty much come off. Glad I wasn't the only one.
welcome to the club ugadawgrx...and i think all the embossed lettering and the buddha getting flattened and flattened each time we wash it till nothing left..:( and dont be surprised if the belt label from rectangular shape transform to triangle shape in 5 months time..this is what we call evolution..

· Registered
48 Posts
okay

alright guys i might not be an expert with TR's yet, but i know everything about leather. If you want to keep it the way it is there is a spray u can buy at foot locker that takes care of it, and even if u wash them the leather will stay the same.

· Registered
228 Posts
It sucks, but I wouldn't worry about it. All of those really soft leather patches are loosing the embossing. It's a pretty deep stamp and leather isn't meant to be washed and dried (BAD DECISION ON TR'S PART to go with such soft, delicate leather). Don't fret too much over it, I mean if anyone is looking close enough to notice, they're probably a little too close for comfort. :bigeyes

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.