Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw some on ebay (as if im even close to a store to look at them haha) that were foam crystals but with R&R in the middle instead of VB and they looked nice, but I'm still not sure if i want to start buying those instead of VB style crowns. Also wouldn't they run large instead of most VB tts? Anyone know how much these are retailing for and if they're hear to stay?

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
If you like the new crowns then go for it. They won't be making any of the old DVB crowns anymore since Victoria Beckham is no longer associated with R&R (she is now associated with 1921 Jeans Co. I think (a Candian Jeans Co.). I think it would also vary in sizing depending on the wash as with DVB crowns. The 2 Moloko Crowns I have sold are 1/2 to 1 sz big, but those are the only non-DVB crowns I have had in my inventory thus far. They retail for about as much as the old crowns depending on wash afaik and they will probably be here to stay since the crowns were so popular and R&R would like to still make money from it's popularity. They keep coming up with new crown washes so you now have plenty of options.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Too much going on for me

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I looked at a non-DVB and a DVB crown and there is a little more "stuff" filled in the middle of the new crowns (circular design with R&R logo script in the middle) as compared to just the dVb in the middle of the old crown. Also I kind of like the new waistband patch/label a little better (imo) with the larger crown. Kind of stands out more, esp if you don't wear belts.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's what i thought. I had to do a double take on the new ones because there is more design in the middle of them so the crown looks more prominent. I'm not sure though. I should be waiting a long time before i get anymore. I'm still waiting for my Lilac Radials to come in the mail any time now. :D

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
i still haven't gotten used to them yet, so i like the old crowns better

who knows! they may grow on me

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
i dont like them because they didnt do much work into redesigning a new pocket design and i think they take away from the coolness/rareness of the dvb ones

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
at first i didn't like them, but now i do.
however, i don't like the molokos because the wash of the jeans is too light for my liking. i like the blue-er crowns on the darker wash jeans though [:

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Starting to like them, but I won't buy any of these, or the new R's... Too many pairs! :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
I love the DVB crowns; and I also like the R&R Moloko Crystals crowns! I wish I could find a pair in my size! :roll

1 - 14 of 14 Posts