1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
414 Posts
I didn't even know any of those brands had raw denim.

I think if you are just looking for a nice pair of simple, very dark and inexpensive denim, and aren't worried about fading capabilities then all three of those look fine. Especially the CK's. Although, the Guess jeans are expensive enough where you could probably get a better brand on sale or lightly used on Ebay for about the same price so I would probably skip those.

If your ultimate goal is to get a pair of faded, worn out jeans like you see in pictures, then you should stick with the brands that you know will ultimately reach the look you're going for.

I'm sure the denim purists won't agree with that answer, but that's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Never heard of Ck and guess but cheap money jeans are pretty decent tbh its a good starting pair if you dont want to get into the premium stuff. Have you checked your local urban outfitters lately, they currently have a pair of unbranded raw denim on sale for 30$ from their regular price of 80$. I bought one and I must say I'm loving it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Everyone is riding the raw denim bandwagon....H&M and even Old Navy to name a few more....(even Diesel came out with their first raw denim, the Tepphar cut in turbo raw denim, which fades a lot faster for people like me who don't have the patience :))

I think if your gunna spend more then $40 (which is what I used to consider top dollar for jeans) you might as well get a premium brand. Even if that means to save up a bit for a pair costing like $200 and up, its worth it!

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
garbage in, garbage out. Better off getting Nudies or something ..

Diesel has came out with multiple raw pairs. They had a sevaral pairs from the DDG line. They also had some raw selvedge pairs back in the 90's.

Plus raw denim is not really a bandwagon. It has been around for 100+ years more than washed denim has been around.

·
Registered
949 Posts
for the lower price range why not get levis stf, apc or nudies like treasurehoard recommended. you will prob get better product for your money if you buy a brand that focus' on raw denim.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I realize that raw denim came before, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they are trendy now...if OLD NAVY is starting to do raw denim then yes – it is a bandwagon, meaning it IS trendy, and everyone will jump on because they want to make money.

All I was saying is that its worth it to invest in a premium denim brand instead of going with the "garbage".

Didn't know that about Diesel. The guy at the Diesel store (who proclaims to be a Diesel nut) told me that this was Diesels first pair of raw denim...guess he was really trying to sell me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I understand that raw denim existed previously, but it has nothing to do with the fact that it is now fashionable...if OLD NAVY is jumping on the raw denim bandwagon, then yes – it is fashionable, and everyone will join on because they want to make money.
While online shopping in Pakistan men's clothes I came across a lot of sites which were for denim and I think its better to shift from these raw brands and start using new brands and their quality is also really good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts