Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the melrose jeans I just posted about? I'm sitting here on the couch, and went to put my hands in my pockets.... but they appear to be stitched shut!! Is this normal for melrose jeans? Or just midnite rocker melrose?
Actually, nevermind. I think it's not normal. When I look on the inside, I can now see where they were stitched shut, and it even looks like a lot of the pocket fabric was cut off and re-stitched (and parts were left unstitched). Now the jeans look fine from the outside, but I kinda like my front pockets. So I don't know what to do. Obviously, I can't get my pockets back, but this was definitely not disclosed in the auction. (The jeans were also hemmed W/O originals, which was not disclosed either). I def want to keep them, but I might have paid a bit less if I had known I wouldn't have my handy front pockets :( This also significantly lowers their resale value if I ever need to resell them :(:(

Thoughts/suggestions on what to do? Is asking for a partial refund appropriate or am I just being too picky?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I think it depends on how much you got them for although i think it would be reasonable to ask for a partial at least.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
none of the pockets on any my paige are sewn shut. i'm guessing that it's an irregularity that should have been mentioned. :eek:

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
well I paid about $60 w/ shipping, which isn't bad, but not super duper cheap. I've definitely gotten much better paige deals on ebay before...

edit: I also searched for an irregularity stamp, but couldn't find one. so either the original owner did this on her own, or it was on the pocket and got cut off (which doesn't really make sense)??

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would ask for a partial or if you're really unhappy, return them. If you want to break even when you resell, you'll need to mark them up and honestly, there are better deals to buy not-original hems/no front pockets....at least a partial will help offset the cost and resell for lower. Whadda bummer.

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
Definitely agree with the others. At minimum, the seller should know. Hopefully, in turn you will receive a partial refund. I hope the seller responds quickly and positively!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, good news. She offered me either a $20 partial or refund with free return shipping. Claims she bought them at an upscale resale shop and didn't know about the alterations. Either way, i think i'll keep them cuz I love them otherwise, and $40 isn't a bad deal when all is said and done :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I would ask for a partial...that kinda sux not having ur front pockets :(

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
wow, good news. She offered me either a $20 partial or refund with free return shipping. Claims she bought them at an upscale resale shop and didn't know about the alterations. Either way, i think i'll keep them cuz I love them otherwise, and $40 isn't a bad deal when all is said and done :)
^That's great Jess :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts