Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in two weeks, I'm getting all four of my wisdoms pulled O_O A day before Thanksgiving, woohoo! haha. Black Friday shopping is going to be fun...lol.

But in any case, I wanted to ask how much weight loss I should expect with getting my wisdoms pulled. One of my best friends said he lost like 20 pounds in the week after. I'm hoping that the weight loss won't drop my a waist size, cause that would suck. Though if my waist stayed the same and my thighs shrunk, that'd be AWESOME hahaha!

Also, I assume the weight loss afterwards is quickly regained?

*edit* I can't spell. (Title...)

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I lost 0 lbs as it didn't affect my eating... barely any... :jumping

I had all 4 pulled out, 2 was actually buried under my gums... yet I still ate normally.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't remember losing all that much weight after I had mine pulled (all four, also). Maybe a couple of pounds, but nothing significant. I think I was eating soft solid food within 72 hours.

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's not even possible to lose 20 lbs in a week; I believe a lb is 3500 calories.

You'll probably lose weight afterwards because it hurts to eat and you'll probably be on a heavy pain medication such as Demerol.

·
Registered
10,459 Posts
I didn't lose any weight; your friend must have been hallucinating ~ 20 lbs??? :D

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i never thought someone would say weight loss was a bad thing :rofl
I'm actually trying to gain weight :ashamed, well, muscle mass...lol.

My friend was exaggerating, but he did lose a lot of weight. He eats like 5k calories a day and all he ate afterwards was like jello, lol.

Alright, well good to know guys. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
well if you can only eat liquids for awhile, of course you'll lose...but if you make those liquids, say, protein shakes...you'll probably be ok.

i never thought someone would say weight loss was a bad thing :rofl

I never thought I'd SAY that, but lately, I have been saying that! I've lost a size and it sucks! I have a lot of jeans and most of them don't fit right now. I figure that this weight loss won't be permanent, so I'm not selling my jeans and buying new ones in my size; I'm just wearing loose jeans! I hate it! However, I guess I'd rather be on this side than the other (gaining weight and having no jeans to wear).

But back to topic, you should only expect to lose what you don't eat for the week after you get them pulled. If you are like me, though, you'll drink milkshakes while you are recovering and that will make up for the lack of other food you aren't eating! LOL!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Aw, you're going to miss out on all that yummy Thanksgiving food!

I personally didn't lose any weight....my only word of advice is to do everything you can to avoid "dry socket". (Your dentist will explain all of that). I was super careful and still got it....and it is excruciatingly painful :eek:

·
Moderator - Dry Denim
1,804 Posts
Yep, I am due to have all four of the damned things out this Christmas. :cry

Not exactly looking forward to that but I'm not too concerned with it having any adverse effects on my weight. My BMI is pretty resilient; it stays put pretty much, whatever the circumstances. :D

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Yep, I am due to have all four of the damned things out this Christmas. :cry

Not exactly looking forward to that but I'm not too concerned with it having any adverse effects on my weight. My BMI is pretty resilient; it stays put pretty much, whatever the circumstances. :D
Coni, you are a stick to begin with. No offense. I wish I had your metabolism. So, being a skinnier stick is still a stick in my book. :magwink

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Dry socket eh? I'll start looking up info on that right now lol.

"Dry socket occurs in about 3 percent to 5 percent of all tooth extractions, but it's much more common after extraction of wisdom teeth and impacted wisdom teeth in particular."

Shoot...I have several fully impacted wisdom teethes -___-;;

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Dry socket eh? I'll start looking up info on that right now lol.

"Dry socket occurs in about 3 percent to 5 percent of all tooth extractions, but it's much more common after extraction of wisdom teeth and impacted wisdom teeth in particular."

Shoot...I have several fully impacted wisdom teethes -___-;;
I think it happens mostly to people who use straws or smoke (the suction is the problem).

As for weight loss, I lost like 5 lbs and it all came back within a week or eating normally again.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
I had no idea there was a relation between wisdome teeth extractions and weight loss. I lost 0 lbs. Probably because I was eating solid foods the same day. However, I did have a bruise that appeared after that lasted about a week or more.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I had no idea there was a relation between wisdome teeth extractions and weight loss. I lost 0 lbs. Probably because I was eating solid foods the same day. However, I did have a bruise that appeared after that lasted about a week or more.
You're crazy! Even the next day when I tried to eat soup, I threw up. Lousy anaesthesia. (Although I'm so glad I was put under. I could not be the least bit conscious during that sort of work.) I had to take pain killers for a full week after.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
You're crazy! Even the next day when I tried to eat soup, I threw up. Lousy anaesthesia. (Although I'm so glad I was put under. I could not be the least bit conscious during that sort of work.) I had to take pain killers for a full week after.
Anaesthesia? I got like 5 needles and it took about 1.5 hours because it was really stuck in there. I took 1 advil. It didn't hurt much after that. I did what he said...cold compresses first day to reduce swelling and hot the day after to promote healing. I kept waiting for it to start hurting. Perhaps I have a high threshold for pain since I get a ton of migraines.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Anaesthesia? I got like 5 needles and it took about 1.5 hours because it was really stuck in there. I took 1 advil. It didn't hurt much after that. I did what he said...cold compresses first day to reduce swelling and hot the day after to promote healing. I kept waiting for it to start hurting. Perhaps I have a high threshold for pain since I get a ton of migraines.
You really must have a high pain tolerance. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I didn't loose any weight either. After 48 hours I was eating solid food again and was pretty much back to normal (with the exception of a bit of swelling).

I had 4 impacted teeth removed under anesthesia as well.

But I totally agree on the weightloss thing!! I've recently lost a lot of weight due to some stress and life things and ALL of my jeans are now too big on me. My jeans that used to be too tight I can now slip on and off without even undoing them!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts