Authentic Jeans Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious I saw some white jeans at my local Marshalls that looked really nice, but were a little dirty. I was thinking about buying them, washing them, and then reselling. Would you still consider those "new" even though they have never been worn (except maybe trying them on).

· Registered
8,706 Posts
I don't mind worn jeans, as long as they are in good condition. I would describe them as "washed but never worn"

· Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So do you guys think it's better to sell them dirty but never washed and call it new, or actually wash it and say never worn but washed?

The jeans in question looked a little dirty due to being white, so I thought it would be nice to wash them first so they buyer would get a nice looking pair of clean jeans.

· Registered
330 Posts
I would wash them first... the longer a stain sits, the more difficult it is to remove, ya know? I'd mention that they are in brand new condition and have never been worn, but that they have been washed/cleaned.

· Registered
6,714 Posts
There is such a huge grey area here. Some people claim NWT after they've worn them for 3-4 hours around the house after the original seller wore them 3-4 hours around the house when in actuality, jeans that were purchased, washed, and air dryed but never worn are actually NEWER, IMO, but per the description are not. I would just describe everything to the tee in the auction.

GRRRRR! I hate Ebay!

· Registered
2,363 Posts
hmm I don't really know what to do?
I prob wouldn't wash them, so you could sell them NWT (more money?)

but maybe let the winning buyer know that because they are white
and have been sitting around getting dusty (ie dirty), offer to wash them ?!

or maybe try spot cleaning (but that may leave a water mark) :IDK

· Registered
4,466 Posts
Just tell the truth in the auction.

OT but I would like to wash some of the new sfmk jeans that I have sold in the past because they seem to smell to high heaven. I have smelled this odor on many pairs and even in Sacks or Nordstrom. In one case I found them in the store by smell alone. I'm not sure if it’s the wash because I have had several different pairs that had this smell. It took about 15 washes to get it out.:shake I have very sensitive smell though.

· Registered
6,714 Posts
Just tell the truth in the auction.

OT but I would like to wash some of the new sfmk jeans that I have sold in the past because they seem to smell to high heaven. I have smelled this odor on many pairs and even in Sacks or Nordstrom. In one case I found them in the store by smell alone. I'm not sure if it’s the wash because I have had several different pairs that had this smell. It took about 15 washes to get it out.:shake I have very sensitive smell though.
You do have a sensitive sense of smell! That's awesome! You located a pair of jeans by the smell alone? WOW!

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
If it was me, I would do one of two things and that depends on the item and my perception of how it would sell better.

1. Sell as is, NWT and describe light soiling from store, (if necessary picture it) and my opinion that it will wash right out(if that is the case)

2. Launder and then sell as NWOT STATING: "Item has been purchased NWT and washed to remove soiling from store & shoppers. Item NEVER WORN and is NEW, WASHED ONE TIME, NO TAGS!"

· Registered
4,466 Posts
You do have a sensitive sense of smell! That's awesome! You located a pair of jeans by the smell alone? WOW!
Well, I was in the jeans area already and I smelled them and there they were. I could not locate then upon walking in the store.:rofl I'm sure it must be a certain wash but I'm not sure though. It always kind of smells like stale smoke or something.

· Registered
2,064 Posts
If it was me, I would do one of two things and that depends on the item and my perception of how it would sell better.

1. Sell as is, NWT and describe light soiling from store, (if necessary picture it) and my opinion that it will wash right out(if that is the case)

2. Launder and then sell as NWOT STATING: "Item has been purchased NWT and washed to remove soiling from store & shoppers. Item NEVER WORN and is NEW, WASHED ONE TIME, NO TAGS!"

i would do that because i think people would be scared if the stains stuck.

· Registered
23,935 Posts
You could also try to spot clean the area. That way, you clean them and they are still NWT!!

· Registered
508 Posts
I think this option is the best. I would personally be mad if I bought jeans described as new, that I found out had been washed. Would just lead to me to assume that they have been worn as well.

· Registered
1,881 Posts
I don't know if anyone else said this, but what about dry cleaning them, then listing them as new? I would still consider that new if they weren't washed in soap and water.

· Registered
2,519 Posts
*sniff sniff* Is that a Ban I smell?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.