Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
looking for opinions on a couple pair of vikers i'm interested in. 71b, 72c, 72d, 8at, 8bm - do these washes tend to run big, small, stretch - give me your opinions!!!

thanks!!!

Viker.

My "normal" viker size OR the smallest viker size that I can get into is: 27

(*The exception being Viker 71J: I managed to get into a 26, but likely would have gotten a 27 for comfort sake. I decided not to get the 71J Viker because I don't like the creatures on the rear pockets.)

71B - supposedly very resilient to stretch. Stay with same viker size. These will eventually (depending on your activities) should stretch with wear. I need to decide if I want to keep these.
**27: I would probably stick with the 27 (because the 28 felt kind of loose) and ultimately stretch it out by doing tons of squats and lunges.

72C - size down 1. Tends to feel larger than normal size vikers; need to size down 1. I have these myself.
**27: I decided to go with the 27 because the 28 were very loose in the thighs.

72D - size up +/- (maybe). Extremely stiff denim to start. Stiffer than all your normal diesel. Feels like raw denim. I have heard and read from individuals that the denim becomes soft with wear, especially in the thigh region. I have these in front of me and they are indeed one of the more stiff denim. I need to decide if I want to keep these.
**28: I might get these in the 28; 27 are really snug.

8AT - stick with the Viker size that you can fit and button up. 100% cotton will eventually stretch with wear as with most pure cotton denim.
**27: If I actually wanted these I would get the 27.

8BM - http://www.authenticforum.com/diesel-jeans/35736-viker-8bm-w-pics.html
Best pocket stitching I've seen on any diesel. Stretch wash. I need to find me a pair.
**27: or even 26 seeing as how people have said that this stretches nicely when worn. Or might even be loose.

89W - extremely soft, sort of like rock and republic soft. Sticking with your same Viker size should work. Depending on how tight you like to wear your denim, you possibly could afford to size down.
**27: or 28. I got them from yoox.com but decided to return them because I didn't like how they were so soft.

· Registered
171 Posts
Your welcome :).

One important thing that needs to be mentioned. It has to do with the waist button.

71B - because these are extremely resilient to stretch, the button will be difficult to fasten up with the 27. Very unlikely that you'd be able to fasten them up during the initial run. The 28 would be much easier to fasten up if you are "normally" a 27 in a viker.

72C - again, same thing with the button. Trying to button up the 27 might be a bit difficult. I'm still trying to stretch out the entire pair especially in the waist so that I can button the top button up.

72D - again, the same thing with the button. Can't button up a 27, thus looking probably to go with a 28 if I decided that I want to keep these.

8AT - Button on waist. There shouldn't be a problem with buttoning up the waist in a 27. The 28 would be a lot easier, but then again, these stretch out pretty nicely so a 27 should do.

8BM - Haven't tried these out.

89W - button. the 28 were obviously easy to button up. I didn't get a chance to test out a 27.

*******One thing you could do if needed is to soak the waist band with hot water and try to wear it that way around the house to try and loosen it up so that you can fully button the jeans up.

EDIT: It's also important to know how you like your Vikers to fit ( :) I'm guessing the viker would be your favorite cut, right? :) . Because the vikers are meant to be a looser cut. If you want them to fit tight, then obviously, it would be logical to size down, but then this will also compromise your ability to button the jeans up. In order to button them up properly it'll take some time, OR you could use the wet stretch technique.

· Registered
171 Posts
I don't know where this "size up" in 71B came from. I did, and it was kind of a bad idea. Sold them.

I guess it's a little too early.

With "sizing up" I meant for my case for what I thought was my "normal" viker size of 27. If I was a 27 in 72C and 8AT, then sizing up to a 28 for the 71B clicks.

But now that I think about it, I think my normal viker size is 28.
So staying, yes Avatar, staying with your normal Viker size for 71B should work.
Sizing down with the 72C and 8AT should work.

:) :) :) :)
*******EDIT: Since I can't go back and edit my original post, i will state it here, my normal viker size is a 28, not 27.******
:) :) :)

· Registered
171 Posts
^Interesting on the 8AT. Maybe the pair I got (and eventually returned) was tagged incorrectly. The 8AT that I got from the Diesel store felt like they would be able to stretch out (although 100% cotton) after 1 - 2 weeks. I guess the thighs did "stretch" out to a certain extent after doing some squats and stuff.

Does that mean only size down on the 72C and 71J Vikers? While all other Vikers stay the same size?

· Drunk Friend
11,409 Posts
^Interesting on the 8AT. Maybe the pair I got (and eventually returned) was tagged incorrectly. The 8AT that I got from the Diesel store felt like they would be able to stretch out (although 100% cotton) after 1 - 2 weeks. I guess the thighs did "stretch" out to a certain extent after doing some squats and stuff.

Does that mean only size down on the 72C and 71J Vikers? While all other Vikers stay the same size?
Definitely on 72C, probably on 71J - I didn't try on ass creature'd Vikers, but all 71J seem to be a size-down pair (except, I am told, Safado.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.