Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard of all the scammers that pay for items via paypal and get them shipped to Italy only to file a dispute and get their money back once they already have the item since it's not trackable to Italy...but what if they pay for the item via other means like Google Checkout? I don't know much about google checkout besides paying a few forum members this way since this is what they prefer, but as a seller I've never used it. Do they side with buyers like paypal usually does?

I had a buyer BIN an item of mine and paid immediately with paypal. Buyer is from Italy with zero feedback. I immediately refunded and reminded her that I DO NOT ship to unconfirmed paypal addresses and that she will have to send a money order. She sent me a message apologizing and saying this is the first time she's ever used paypal so she didn't know. Didn't mention anything about sending a money order though...I'm starting to feel like she was trying to scam me. Point is, I'm not going to send the item unless I feel like it's risk free...I don't know if Google Checkout is.

·
Premium Member
34,070 Posts
The problem with Italy is not scamming. It's customs and corruption. Things often magically 'disappear' in customs.

Googlecheckout is not risk free. You still have to ship to the address they tell you with tracking. And they may not even approve the transactions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts