Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have this buyer who is just being a total pain in the....:eek:

they did not pay me on time, didnt contact me although they only had one feedback, and have an unverified address (so none of the things i state in my auction).

now they finally get back to me (i was being nice and gave them more time than i usually do b/c i figured they probably didnt have much ebay experience) and the guy has got a total attitude. he acts like im hassling him and is refusing to get his account verified when i told him i wont ship to unconfirmed addresses. hello, thats why i make it clear in the auction itself. :shake

my question is, what is the worst that can happen if i ship unconfirmed (i never do it just to be safe, but i was under the impression that i could get screwed over if i did), and secondly, if i dont let him pay me, how can i make sure he wont neg me? he is saying its way too much of a hassle to verify his address; i want to tell him its too much of a hassle to deal with his crap but im afraid he will leave me bad feedback. :mad:

bah!!!
/end rant.

:madbeating:madbeating:madbeating

lol any advice?
tia

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
The worst that can happen is that you loose the item and the money or get a negative feedback from him because you refuse to ship to an unconfirmed address. There is no way you can keep him from leaving a neg.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Had a similar thing happen to me a few months ago. A buyer paid with an unconfirmed address even though I said confirmed address was necessary. I refunded her and she never re-paid because she thought it was a hassle. Grrr- she left me a negative saying that I was too particular basically.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
agh. thats wat i was afraid of. so theres no way i can cancel it so they cant leave feedback? they way this guy has been acting, i have a feeling he will neg me even if i do send it now...... just for the 'hassle'

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Sorry, that really sucks! I don't think you should send it to his unconfirmed address and risk getting a neg anyway.
BTW, does anyone know how long it takes to confirm an address?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Most new buyers have no idea what confirming their address means. I always try to give them the steps they need to take to get it confirmed, even if I have to wait a few extra days for payment.

But, NO , I wouldn't shipped to an unconfirmed address.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I wouldn't ship to an unconfirmed address, tell him to get it confirmed if he wants the goods that badly, it doesn't even take that long. I once shipped to a CONFIRMED address and had a chargeback claim, but it was in my favor.

Let him know that he didn't follow the auction rules so therefore all you can do is refund his money since he won't confirm his address. I had to do this once and the girl was so nice too, luckily, she didn't leave a neg. so hopefully yours won't either.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks! ya, that kinda reminds me why i dont ship to unconfirmed.. i think i read that when i first started selling. :)

i already explained to him why i only ship to confirmed addresses, and told him how to go thru the process, and thats when he gives me this 'god that is such a hassle i have had dozens of transactions and no one but you has given me this probem' (although he only has 1 feedback...)

he hasnt paid me yet and is offering to send a money order.. that would be even worse wouldnt it?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
thanks! ya, that kinda reminds me why i dont ship to unconfirmed.. i think i read that when i first started selling. :)

i already explained to him why i only ship to confirmed addresses, and told him how to go thru the process, and thats when he gives me this 'god that is such a hassle i have had dozens of transactions and no one but you has given me this probem' (although he only has 1 feedback...)

he hasnt paid me yet and is offering to send a money order.. that would be even worse wouldnt it?
Let him send the MO but ask for a postal one if possible. If he sends a MO it is ok to ship to him, but only if the MO is real. Make sure it clears the bank first or if its from a big company there should be a number you can call to verify it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts