Authentic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if Taylor Ultimatums are strictly retail or have they gone STD? I just bought a pair, and although I'm happy with the purchase, I was wondering why the wash was so...meh? It doesn't look like the wash you can find on that extensive wash guide...

Any info is bueno!

PICS BELOW!

John

*These pics DO NOT accurately depict what I see in real life. They are SO much darker than the pics show. The camera has been adjusted for white balance, ISO and everything and I still can't capture it accurately.

(Probably the most "Accurate" of them)

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
as far as i know, ultimatum is a retail wash...unless R&R is doing some weird thing where they're making STD versions of retail washes? :IDK

imo, the wash isn't "meh"...hm. maybe you should post pics :D

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I don't think I've encountered wash demotion :jumping:
Didn't these come in different batches that looked different each batch? Maybe you got one of those with slight variations.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
How is the pair you received different than the ones in the AF Photo Guide? Just curious...

And R&R doesn't typically "demote" full retail washes to STD. The only possible exception is Henlee Morphine. I believe there may have been a straight-to-discount version of Morphine, but I'm not positive.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got my ultimatums off a friend who got it from a sample sale and the wash is nice.. they should sell for retail

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
ultimatum is "meh"?! I refuse to believe that! :jumping

pics please?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
^ I got them off ebay from an AF member (like I said I couldn't be more pleased with the transaction- this thread has NOTHING to do with the transaction or member), but the wash itself is darker and "less washed" for lack of better term. If you look here (borrowed from the men's guide):

the wash is lighter than what I have (which I'll post some pics later). Mine is DISTINCTLY darker and "less washed". I know there could be variants of the washes, but this seems off a lil'. I'll post what I mean in a few.

·
Registered
57 Posts
^ if the jeans were pre-owned I would expect the colors to fade a bit
if they were new I would like to see pictures

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
IMO, the ultimatums from the guide doesnt look like its 1st quality either
Compare These (which imo are what bnwt ultimatums are suppose to look like

The guide's pair has yellow tinge to them, and are a shade or two darker then ith ones i posted

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Love the wash and its not "meh"!

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
yes nick's first pic is definitely more like it ;score :drool2

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm at my girl's place right now, but as soon as I get home..I'll show you guys what I mean. Ultimatums are not meh. But mine happens to be meh. Mine looks nothing like hello123's pix. Nor the guide's pics either.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
See post 1 for pics. I guess lighting plays a MAJOR role in how things look...cuz what I've taken pics of...aren't even close to what I am looking at right now.

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
I can kind of see what you mean although the pictures aren't the best quality. They do look pretty "flat" and not much fading going on. They do look like the ones in the guide actually. the ones in the guide look pretty "meh" too and there are yellow spots like nick pointed out. does yours have any of the yellow tinges?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ fortunately, no yellow tinges. I have to have my roommate take some pics with his high end camera. it bugs me so much that I can't show you guys what I'm talking about cuz the pics are NO way accurate at depicting the color at ALL.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Ultimatum is one of the more difficult washes to photograph. My Henlee Ultimatums don't have a yellow tint to it at all.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^ dude, tell me about it. I can't get how "Flat" and unwashed they TRULY are. Oh well... as long as they're ultimatums, right? :)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
^ dude, tell me about it. I can't get how "Flat" and unwashed they TRULY are. Oh well... as long as they're ultimatums, right? :)
That they are, but those blue R's don't pop like pictures.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
John... What is the Cut No. for your pair of Taylor Ultimatum? Sometimes washes will vary slightly when they are produced in different batches. My personal pair of Taylor Ultimatum are Cut No. 2801 and look a lot like the pair above with more pronounced fading. I also have a pair of Cut No. 2872 which have less pronounced fading but are still very nice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts