Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just purchased some TR Cocos in Whiskey creek wash. Everything about the transaction was wonderful....the seller has 99.9% feedback over 1500 feedbacks, and I received the package in less than 48 hrs of paying.

The thing that concerns me are some rust colored staining on the pockets, butt and thigh area on the inside of the jeans. It looks like it could be blood, but there are no weird smells or anything and the tags are still attached.

Does this wash usually have staining on the inside? I know that some washes do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

· Registered
2,211 Posts
I have a pair of Bobby in Whiskey Creek and they have the same discoloration that you are describing so I would guess it is just that particular wash. I wondered the same thing!

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
Welcome to AF!

Those stains are there from the wash & treatment of the denim.

I have a pair of Pink Stitch Billy that have very similar stains, and they freaked me out. I knew even in my hand they were NWT and NOT anything else, and still it was freaky.

A soak in some Oxyclean MAY remove most of it.
If not, don't really worry too much. It is unfortunately normal.
:)

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
Honey, did you read my above posting?:eyebug
They are real, and the stains are an unfortunate but normal occurance with SOME TR washes.

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
I bought a pair of Whiskey Creeks from a True Religion retail store and mine are like this too. I was always hoping that someone had not pissed themselves and returned them. So I'm glad that I'm not the only one. :)
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

· Registered
1,461 Posts
I'm sooooooooooooo glad someone started this thread :) I bought a pair of WC Joeys and they have the same stains. I was going to sell them on ebay because now they are a size too big, but when I seen the stains I almost Sh*t myself :rofl They have been since sitting in the back of my closet collecting dust. I feel so much better knowing that I'm NOT the only one :D

· Premium Member
32,334 Posts
The funny thing IMO is,

its going to be very hard to sell them to someone that does NOT know TR and this wash issue.
I mean, the stains need to be disclosed, or whoever gets them and sees them after the fact will have a S#!$fit,
and when they ARE disclosed...it could cause some buyers to shy away out of fear...

what do the rest of us think about this post?
Its been rolling around in my head about what to do if and when....:magwink

· Registered
1,461 Posts
^^ I know.. that is the whole reason I didn't sell them. I'm afraid someone with no knowledge about TR will buy them and try stating that they are not new...etc. It is fairly easy to see that it is the wash, but it is just the location of the stains (ie. the crotch) that makes it horriable :shake. I think I will do the same thing I do all the time.. give the jeans to my little sis :) She doesn't even know the quality of the stuff she gets from me.. Oh well as it is said all the time... My loss is her Gain :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.