Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
4,434 Posts
hrmph! not only did getting there at noon mean waiting for 4 hours and getting only an hour inside, but...

i didn't get to meet anyone.

:cry :cry :cry

· Registered
165 Posts
To anyone who went to the sale, did you see many people who were obviously there just to grab anything they could just to resell it on eBay?

When Sass & Bide and Tsubi have their sample sales here it's just insane! I once saw a mother and daughter grab an entire rack of Sass & bide items (and I mean EVERY item) and a shopping trolley full of jeans, and head straight for the checkouts.

· Registered
166 Posts
To anyone who went to the sale, did you see many people who were obviously there just to grab anything they could just to resell it on eBay?

When Sass & Bide and Tsubi have their sample sales here it's just insane! I once saw a mother and daughter grab an entire rack of Sass & bide items (and I mean EVERY item) and a shopping trolley full of jeans, and head straight for the checkouts.

There was a 20 pair limit for jeans.

· Registered
5,251 Posts
waaahhh..so many people queing..
You did not see the staging area before they moved us up. The pic you see is just the first group of people. Since the studio is an actual working Hollywood studio, they did not want several thousand weirdo jean lovers running around the studio lot, so they only moved up about 200 people closer to the sale at a time. At the staging area, there were maybe several thousand more as they day went on.

· Premium Member
26,101 Posts
^ yeah there were tons more people standing in the parking garage when we left. The line stretched from the bottom and was starting to go around the first curve at that time! I can only imagine that it go much worse in the afternoon!

· Premium Member
26,101 Posts
Sure, you guys get to stand on movie studios, in NY we stand on the street next to garbage and winos (anna will remember the drunk bum at the tr sale last year, lol)
:rofl Thanks for reminding me that was halarious! That guy was totally insane. When he was combing his beard I was cracking up.

· Registered
4,434 Posts
^ yeah there were tons more people standing in the parking garage when we left. The line stretched from the bottom and was starting to go around the first curve at that time! I can only imagine that it go much worse in the afternoon!
it didn't. i don't know what time you left, but i got there at noon. i was basically one of the first of the last group of 200 people that they let in.

when i got there the line moved twice, which means there were about 400 people in front of me inside the parking lot.

they stopped letting people into the studio to stand in line at about 2:30 pm.

· Premium Member
26,101 Posts
we left at about 11 - 11:20. ^

I guess the line is not as bad today so if anyone is thinking about going you might not have to wait as long -- thats just what I heard though -- I am not at the sale or anything so I can't say for sure.

· Registered
4,434 Posts
we left at about 11 - 11:20.
yea, it really didn't get much worse than that. they cut people off....

the worst part wasn't the line, but only getting an hour once i got in there. but even when i got in the stock was still good, just chaos with the merchandise tables which made "quick" shopping really hard.

AHHHHHHH someone go back and pick up some belt and tops puhlease
hahahahaha...i need another 6 months to recover before going back again! i really did regret not getting any jeans. i knew it would be bad, but i never thought it would be that bad.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.