Authentic Jeans Forums banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
retired pieces

I have oval emerald earrings ringed with yellow gold. My husband bought them for me at Tiffany's many, many years ago. No where on them does it say Tiffany. I know they are not knock offs and I own many of their pieces. Any comments on the no labeling???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clasp Stamp

I have an oval tag choker. My 925 is positioned on the clasp, as is the photo you posted. But, I was looking at some on eBay, and one has the stamp upside down (as compared to ours). I have not seen this addressed in ANY article yet.
Also, I have read that authentic pieces will photograph dark silver or sometimes even goldish. If they are bright shiny silver to whitish silver, they have probably been rhodium plated. That is now what I look for first. I do acknowledge that the Tiffany website has freakishly shiny pieces in their photographs. But that's OK, they are Tiffany! But, this may also be a sign they are using a stock photo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clasp Stamp

I am finding different pieces, with the 925 both directions. I have only seen one comparison, which shows the 925 left to right...if you hold the clasp at its base, with the opening away from you. In this comparison, it showed the fake as one with a stamp that is worn, whitish, or missing altogether. So it didn't actually show the stamp or its direction. I just has a seller tell me ( I know...) that she bought hers from a Tiffanys directly, and her stamp is upside down, compared to what I believe is the proper direction. I called my sister, who lives far away, and has an authentic oval tag, and she says hers 925 is left to right, but she can't get me a good pic, and I'm not positive she looked at it the way I described.
Can anyone help? I'm trying to get one for my daughter, and need ASAP.
I have several pieces on my watch list that I believe are authentic, so far. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I purchased a 1837 sterling ring. Would any of you care to look at the ring and let me know your thoughts as far as authenticity ? I am concerned about the 1837 logo as the edges are more rounded as opposed to indented and the numbers seem closer together as opposed to spaced out. I'd just like your thoughts on it . Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if you still need help...sorry to say that it is a fake. You may go to Tiffany's homepage and check out an enlarged picture of a 1837 ring, look at the 1837 the outer frame should have a pointed edge rather than a rounded one as shown in the photos. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
authenticating Tiffany Paloma X earrings

hello, can someone please authenticate some Tiffany Paloma X Earrings for me. supposedly gold 18K. I'd like to see back & hallmarks of a pair that a user knows to be genuine, as I'm concerned that I might be the victim of a possible bait-and-switch on the attached. thank you in advance (note: i claim copyright on my images)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you help me authenticate please

Hi
I am new on here so not sure if this allowed.

I am wanting to buy this item. can you please give me tips on if you think this is authentic.
Picture frame Body jewelry Rectangle Silver Aqua
Body jewelry Necklace Jewellery Silver Font
Body jewelry Silver Jewellery Chain Circle

Thanks everyone and once again if this is not allowed please tell me

·
Registered
1 Posts
The information and photos in this sticky have been provided by Numero10 and myself. We hope you find it helpful in your quest to find authentic Tiffany jewelry!

This thread is geared toward identifying the difference between real and fake "Return to Tiffany" pieces. These items seem to be the most popular request of all Tiffany jewelry.

Always keep in mind that the ONLY website to purchase authentic Tiffany & Co. jewelry is Tiffany & Co. | Home | United States. There are NO other authorized retailers of Tiffany & Co, jewelry.

If you are posting a link to a website (other than Ebay) that is selling Tiffany & Co. jewelry, it is safe to assume it is fake. We cannot vouch for its authenticity.

** There are NO TIFFANY WHOLESALERS OR TIFFANY OUTLETS! TIFFANY JEWELRY NEVER GOES ON SALE!!! **

There ARE good deals on Ebay, you just have to be very careful. The majority of the Tiffany & Co. jewelry on Ebay is fake.

Also, remember that there are sellers that will pull the "bait and switch" method - they display pictures of real jewelry and then send you a fake piece. Or they have photos of a real piece and their fake piece in the same auction. It is a RED FLAG if one seller is selling several brand new pieces of Tiffany jewelry.

Important things to pay attention to when looking at Tiffany jewelry:

The font: The font on fake pieces is usually way off. The fake pieces seem to have an Arial Sans Serif font instead of Serif.

Please look below at the difference between the font on a real piece of Tiffany jewelry and a fake piece.

Real pieces

Fake piece

Also, keep in mind that Tiffany never made a "Return to Tiffany" heart toggle necklace. If you are looking at this piece, it is obviously a fake since it was never created!

Here is an example of WHAT NO TO BUY:

Below is an authentic heart tag toggle necklace. Note that this piece has only the words "Tiffany & Co 925" stamped on the heart:

Here is a fake heart toggle necklace. It looks pretty good as far as the engraving, but pay attention to the fact the links are not perfectly soldered together. The link on top of the toggle should be perpendicular to the toggle:

And an authentic heart tag bracelet (not toggle):

This piece should also have "925" stamped on the clasp. See the example:
below:

Here is an example fake heart tag toggle necklace:

Packaging: Pay attention to the color of the Tiffany & Co. box if there is one shown in the auction. The boxes and bags are highly faked. The fakers have messed up the color and it is usually off (appears more teal green). The Tiffany blue color is very distinct. Here is an example of the incorrect color:

Fake boxes. Look at the horrible green color:

Here is a photo of a two fake boxes above a real box:

More real boxes:

Another thing to pay attention to is the little bag that the piece goes in. A lot of the fake bags are made out of a cheap looking velvet material (see below for an example). The real bags are made out of a suede cloth. Look at the font on the bag. The font printed on the bag should not be too thick or fuzzy. If the bag is a pouch with a drawstring, make sure there is material at the top of the bag when it is cinched shut. The fake bags do not have extra material at the top. Numero10 says the bag should look like "an old fashioned money bag". That is the perfect description. Look at these for example:

Here is a picture of a real bag and two fake bags:

Here are the bags cinched shut:

Interiors of the bags. Note that Tiffany takes great care even in the interior stitching of the bag. The other two are very sloppy:

Here are a variety of real pouches. Note that the stitching is straight and even down the sides, across the bottom (with the exception of the smallest bag) and around the top. All of the bags have the same font, but the size varies. The newer pouches are on the left. The type on the recent bags is smaller than the older bags.

Another REAL pouch:

Real pouches have an interior snap that reads "PRYM*2B*ECHT". See photo below:

Photos of real Tiffany Shopping bags:

If there is ever plastic covering on the jewelry, that is a RED FLAG! Real Tiffany jewelry does not have plastic on it!

Other things to remember:

If the pictures in the auction have different backgrounds or have different lighting, that is usually a bad sign. The seller is more than likely stealing photos!

You can purchase preowned Tiffany jewelry from Yoogi's Closet and Anne's Fabulous Finds. There are NO websites authorized to sell new Tiffany jewelry.

I hope this authenticity guide is helpful. If you still aren't sure of authenticity, feel free to post it!

Many thanks to Numero10 for all of your help!
hello! I purchased a vintage Tiffany key ball chain necklace and I’m not sure if it’s authentic- I would really appreciate some help.
Body jewelry Vertebrate Neck Finger Gesture
Body jewelry Gesture Thumb Finger Nail
Body jewelry Neck Gesture Finger Creative arts
Hand Arm Body jewelry Neck Human body
Blue Textile Sleeve Rectangle Grey

61 - 74 of 74 Posts