Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for jobs in the paper, and spotted this...

ACTIVIST
JOBS
For SDF & SDFTREW Rights
$1300-$2100/month
  • Work with HRC
  • FT/PT Career/Benefits
Ask for XXX: XXX-XXX-XXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.com

Now I thought people were activists because they were passionante and believed in something, I had no idea, these were 'postions' that were advertised and paid for...

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
You mean I can make MONEY for bitching for a living?! Sign me UP!:rofl

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
It is not a surprise but I have always wondered how people could afford to take the time off work to protest various things. I had heard that organizations paid people to do this but have never seen an ad for it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took out the pertinent information, so I couldn't be accused of anything. But regardless of the 'rights', I had know idea they paid protesters.

I will say, that I found out it isn't what it used to be. At Regent Univ., I can't remember what group, but they scheduled their protest with the University. They were there for a few hours, like 10am to 2pm. The school actually offered to let them come in and speak to the students and feed them pizza, but they refused. Of course the news showed up exactly within that time frame. The really funny thing is that the street they picked to protest on was a side street, so they really didn't get that much exposure.

One of my best friend's father is the legal representation for the school, so that was how she knew so much about it. It is such a crock. At least in the old days, when people protested they actually sacrificed something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts