Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4,434 Posts
i listened to it as an audio book...and it is outstanding.

the follow-up book, a thousand splendid suns, is even better in my opinion.

by follow-up i mean the next book that they author wrote, not a sequel :)

· Registered
901 Posts
FANTASTIC book...doesn't hurt that half of it is set in the SF East Bay, some of it at flea markets I've actually been to. I must agree that it is disturbing, but great.

· Registered
901 Posts
There was some controversy over the film...using child actors to show some of the events in the story. I can't wait to see it either, though.

· Registered
3,352 Posts
I absolutely loved this book! I cried when I read it. It was just so powerful.

· Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i listened to it as an audio book...and it is outstanding.

the follow-up book, a thousand splendid suns, is even better in my opinion.

by follow-up i mean the next book that they author wrote, not a sequel :)
That's what my Momma said! She gave me a thousand splendid suns I'm going start reading that one next!

· Registered
36,826 Posts
I know it's an old thread, but I just finished Kite Runner yesterday; I finished it within hours. I LOVED it! Having family from that part of the world helps me understand some of the ickiness that is in the culture...

I loved the twists and turns that story took; totally unpredictable, just like Afghani lifestyles back in those times, (hell, even now!) :shake

I'm starting 1000 Splendid Suns today...I'll report back; maybe I'll start a new thread for that book, it seems to deserve one. :magwink

· Registered
4,434 Posts
I know it's an old thread, but I just finished Kite Runner yesterday; I finished it within hours. I LOVED it! Having family from that part of the world helps me understand some of the ickiness that is in the culture...

I loved the twists and turns that story took; totally unpredictable, just like Afghani lifestyles back in those times, (hell, even now!) :shake

I'm starting 1000 Splendid Suns today...I'll report back; maybe I'll start a new thread for that book, it seems to deserve one. :magwink
Yay! Let us know how you like that one....:)

· Registered
1,096 Posts
I think the movie was well done and followed the book pretty accurately
but of course the book was 100x better, as always....

I'm so glad they used real Afghan actors
and the whole time reading/watching... i wanted to go to Afghanistan again

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.