41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts

·
Registered
18,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask them to express ship me the correct one. The barcode/sticker on the plastic bag was the correct style, etc. But the tag on the actual bikini was totally off. I wish they would double check those things but I guess it would take too much time.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
How about for men? What do you ladies recommend for someone with an athletic build?
I was looking into these so some feedback would be great:
aussieBum 70s Swim Square Cut Trunk 70S - Free Shipping at Freshpair.com

I might order them in the "Sky" color.

OMG!!! NOOOO!!! The design is ghastly :bigeyes

No no. I just simply know that women went pretty crazy over his 'swimming scene' in it.

How about something like these? They look pretty nice.
Polo Ralph Lauren Newport Navy "Kailua" Swim Trunk - Apparel - Men's - Bloomingdale's
do.not.like. NOT COOL :eek:

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
No no. I just simply know that women went pretty crazy over his 'swimming scene' in it.

How about something like these? They look pretty nice.
Polo Ralph Lauren Newport Navy "Kailua" Swim Trunk - Apparel - Men's - Bloomingdale's
My thoughts on mens swim wear.

I love my speedo more than anything in the world. I would only wear it to the beach for a laugh though. The square cut trunk would be difficult for most people to pull of, more so for smaller individuals. You need a pretty athletic build to do it and I don't mean cross country runner ``athletic``. I mean Ryan Lochte athletic (roughly 6ft and 180 lbs or 82 kg) or as you mentioned Daniel Craig. You can't look like a waif if you are going to go this route.

Board shorts are a horrid creation that should never have existed. Since when did clothes that don't fit become "in". Please never mention board shorts in the same sentence as style (I realise I just did). Apply the same rules of style to swim wear as you would to good mens style. Keep it trim and keep it simple. A good in between and consequently the only shorts I wear waterside are orlebar brown bulldogs. I would like to try a pair of the setter shorts but I would prefer to try them on prior to buying. If you`re looking for some flare they have some patterns that may suit your tastes. I own a black, red, white + gold SE and swami SE.

While I love PRL clothing, those trunks look just tacky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I've seen you post TONs about them I think their style is a little too embellished/sexy for my personal style. I typically like plain stuff with cool seams/ties/details.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
^ :rofl Erica, when I saw you replied to this thread I had a feeling that you had something to say about the above photo :D;score gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I listed him in the "celebrity crush" thread a few weeks ago :D

41 - 60 of 67 Posts