Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
13,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i've been reading over at mynudies...are my jeans going to stink??? i know i will be wearing these a lot without washing them so i guess that would make sense. is there a way to lessen to prolong the smell??

· Registered
1,119 Posts
Wash yourself thoroughly? hahaha It really depends on how hard you wear them and how clean you are. But the smell is inevitable w/o washing. Mine starts to smell around 6 months or so...I then air them out and fabreeze them.

· Registered
67 Posts
hey guys im new here but i read in the maxim mag i think it was the nov issue?? the one with buffy lol
i think.................... to stick them in your tub with cold water over night and add a table spoon or so of basmic vingER? then hang dry t them

· Banned
286 Posts
you wouldnt wanna soak your dry jeans....well not nudies anyways, it would affect the initial color of the denim and you wouldnt get as high of a contrast anymore.

basically. with nudies...dont let them touch water during the first at least 6 months.
if you get caught in rain though, dont worry i havent seen any effects from rain since they dont get soaked as they would in a tub.

to remedy the smell you can

1. put em in the freezer
2. flip em inside out and let them "bake" in the sun for 1-2 hours
3. frebreeze

· Registered
18 Posts
The whole 6 months no wash thing is just a rule of thumb if you want to get a high contrast fade.
If you think you jeans are dirty, wash or soak them.
I wash/soak my jeans every 2-3 months.
You don't have to avoid water like the plague in your dry denim.
I haven't worn nudies, so I can't comment on the indigo loss, but with my samurais and sugar canes, the indigo loss has been very minimal.
Basically, there is no formula to wearing your jeans. Just have fun with the project.

· Registered
18 Posts
Yes, you can dry clean them, I always forget about this option because I am too lazy to go to the dry cleaners myself.
Just be careful about the dry cleaners not damaging the leather patch on your jeans. The jeans I am wearing now have an ostrich skin patch, and I would be angry if it came back with a ruined patch.

· Registered
106 Posts
I imagine it would be just like going to a smoky bar when your jeans start to smell. I usually just leave any of the clothes I don't want to wash hanging in the garage over night and the smell is virtually gone. If it isn't after a night, just leave it a little longer. I imagine this is very much like putting jeans in the freezer (at least here in Chicago it is at the moment). Hanging clothes outside might save you some money on febreeze and whatnot. :blink

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.