Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
13,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you get a smart phone...i'm looking at the blackberry curve...do you have to get the internet service to have texting?? i know it seems silly to have a bb without internet, but i found one for cheaper than the reg phones.

· Registered
5,192 Posts
^ Depending on your service provider, you can probably use both whether or not they're in your plan as long as your phone is capable of it.

Fr'instance, even though I don't have a data plan, I can still browse the internet on my phone. I just get a shitty $/kb rate as opposed to if I actually had a data plan. But I do it in emergencies when I have to check my Gmail on the run.

Even though Shelley's plan doesn't include text messages, she can probably still send them if she wants, they'll just cost money for each message. (I pay $X to get 2500 sent messages a month, hehe.)

· Registered
1,308 Posts
ahh I love the blackberry curve!!!

Anyways. I just got the blackberry pearl and no I didn't have to purchase the internet plan to text. I don't even have the internet plan. Yes, it is a bit silly to get a smartphone and not have internet. :D This is for t-mobile btw

· Registered
9,398 Posts
I have alltel and a BB, no you dont neeeeeed the internet...you can get a seperate text plan

mine is like 5.99 a month for 300....but I have the circle so if I text or call with my circle its free anyways:D

· Registered
1,065 Posts
sorry to interupt..in my country text messaging iwhich also called sms..didnt use internet line but it use gprs line or it is the same as phone line..so u can send text messaging by phone line not internet line..

· Banned
1,548 Posts
AFAIK - When you sign up for any service with a Blackberry, you are required to get the BB data plan. You don't need to keep it, but you are usually required to sign up for it. This may be company dependant, so not every provider may do this. I know that AT&T does, but like I said, you do not need to keep it.

Text messaging is done seperately, and does not use the internet. MMS (multi-media messaging or picture messaging) does use the internet, and if you do not have a data or internet plan, you will be charged the going $/kb rate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.