Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions for the experts. This looks kind of like a damn quiz, or exam... but it isn't my intention to comeoff like that. Any help you can offer would be very greatly appreciated :love

(ALL regarding women's styles)

1. On the back tag of Billys ~ is there ever a row and/or seat number listed? In fact, is there ever a row/seat number listed on the back tag of *any* TR Women's styles?

2. On Billy's are there any back pockets where the flap is not curved? Meaning, the flap comes to a point in the center and the angles are straight down from each side and not curved to a little tip at the bottom. I know that on many styles the flap is curved, but there are a few styles where the curve is outward - curving toward the bottom of the pocket.

3. On the Joey Rainbow Big T's are the back (waistband) labels significantly smaller in size than on the average TRs?

4. Is it common for the buddah stamps on the inside pockets to fade after a few washes?

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
UM

Numbers on row and seat indicate MENS jeans

Old style should always curve towards the center
new style's look like boobs

belt label size? womens are smaller than mens, and the labels are bigger on super T's only that I know of....all of the rest are relatively the same size?

maybe, depends if the wash bleeds into the pockets, but no they will not fade , the pockets can discolor and pill with washes

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hera ~ Thank you -- I didn't think there should be ANY row/seat numbers on ANY women's jeans but wanted to confirm -- because looking atthe TR or Revolve websites, the labels are small and too difficult for my old eyes to see :)

And the fading buddahs -- maybe that's it, the actual white pockets have taken on some dye and maybe that made the buddahs appear to be less bright than they were new.

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
Questions for the experts. This looks kind of like a damn quiz, or exam... but it isn't my intention to comeoff like that. Any help you can offer would be very greatly appreciated :love

(ALL regarding women's styles)

1. On the back tag of Billys ~ is there ever a row and/or seat number listed? In fact, is there ever a row/seat number listed on the back tag of *any* TR Women's styles? NO. Never on women's. Only on men's.

2. On Billy's are there any back pockets where the flap is not curved? Meaning, the flap comes to a point in the center and the angles are straight down from each side and not curved to a little tip at the bottom. I know that on many styles the flap is curved, but there are a few styles where the curve is outward - curving toward the bottom of the pocket. No. Old style's are curved in--NEVER STRAIGHT. New styles have the opposite curve, like a rounded triangle and the Heritage pockets (boobie pockets) there is a curve inward like the old styles--NEVER STRAIGHT ON ANY NEW STYLE BILLY.

3. On the Joey Rainbow Big T's are the back (waistband) labels significantly smaller in size than on the average TRs?No. The only size difference is on a Super T. The Super T waist band tags are oversized. All others are the same size. Some will say Rainbow Joey, some will say Joey Big T. My rainbows say Joey Big T.

4. Is it common for the buddah stamps on the inside pockets to fade after a few washes? My buddha's are somewhat faded anyway--depending on the wash of the jeans. After lots of washing and drying they could fade more.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it does help :) Since I have been here -- I have begun to question every single pair of jeans I own. :eyebug

I know now that at LEAST 2 pair... maybe 3 are most certainly fake.

I have several I know for certain are authentic -- at least based on the guides here and because I bought them from reputable dealers -- I'm 99.9% sure they are.

There are yet another several pair I'm iffy about. I didn't want to bombard with a million pics though, so I'm waiting until I have a few nailed down that I can't figure out for myself.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Actually, I think looking at pics is WAY easier than going through a whole buncha questions and having to imagine what you're talking about.

Edit: But that's just me. The experts may not care. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Actually, I think looking at pics is WAY easier than going through a whole buncha questions and having to imagine what you're talking about.

Edit: But that's just me. The experts may not care. :)

Yeah I would post pics of the jeans in question.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will, I just wanted to sort out for myself which I questioned. I have quite a few pair that I have collected over the last few years. There are some that have gotten damaged or just way worn out and I have painted in them, done yard work, etc -- those are OOLLDD and whether or not they are authentic matters so little atthis point... I'm pretty sure they are though.

The more recent ones that I actually LIKE to wear is what I'm worried about -- I have no question about a lot of them, I mean -- I know it does happen, but the chances of my buying fakes from Revolve or Barneys is probably pretty unlikely.

I have others that I bought either used or consignment... 4 from Ebay and 1 from Amazon and I don't even recall which ones they are now.

Worse -- I bought 2 from Pop Denim, maybe 6 -8 months ago, long before I came across this site. :ashamed

I'll have to post some pictures of what I'm questioning, I just didn't want to post everything.

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
one pic of back belt label and right back pocket clear and close up will suffice for authenticity.

Pop denim ones dont even bother they are fakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts