Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching the show "Design on a Dime" with my mother, and the host, Kahi Lee, has changed into three different pairs of TR's. First pair were Joey's in, I think, DPE or Dark something??. The second pair were Julie's in Gunmetal or light grey. And, the third pair looked like destroyed Bobby's. (no flap on pocket, more flare on the bottom, lot's of wear on the front thigh area's)

I think my guesses on styles are right on. I'm still a novice on the washes tho.:eek: I'm getting really obsessed with this new hobby of mine . . .:devil It's getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
haha i know what you mean. whenever i watch tv and i see a pair of premium denim i get really excited and identify them and i look around an no one cares.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
i know! now that i like premium denim so much, i am starting to notice it everywhere on TV--that design show (i forgot the name) with david bromstad (his assistaint wears TR), and even those kids' shows, like drake & josh (megan wears TR and drake wore some taverniti so), icarly (carly wears r&R) and hannah montana (her dad wore tr, her mom [brooke shields] wore r&r, and miley, even though this isn't really denim, wears a ton of juicy.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any other shows that have lot's of TR's? Brett Micheals on Rock of Love wore a ton of TR's. On one episode, they zoomed in tight on his Triple Stitch Joey's and I screamed out, "Hey, check out those Old Multi Big T Supers!"

That's when my wife looked over and shook her head. . .:shake "You're hopeless. . .":jumping

·
Registered
91 Posts
HAHAHA i thought i was the only one!

We should watch TV together so when we scream these things out we'll all be amazed instead of getting cock-eyed looks lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is crazy. First, I see TR's on tv last night. This morning I'm sitting down eating breakfast and I pick up the sunday paper insert, USAWEEKEND, and there's Josh Turner wearing Billy's on the cover. There's more pic's inside. And, I'm still on a quest to find TR's in Jersey. Someone is tryin to tell me something. . .

Jersey:devil

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i get very strange looks from my BF when we watch movies and all i notice is the jeans...and i thought i was the only one :rofl

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
i think everyone starts doing that once they get into designer jeans.
when i notice around people who really dont give a crap about jeans, they give me the "okay whatever. shut up" look. :(

·
Moderator - Dry Denim
1,804 Posts
The bloke from the Discovery Channel program "Build it Bigger" is particular of Diesel. I have yet to see an episode where he doesn't wear a pair.

On the TLC program "10 years younger" (I think that's what it's called) the host wears Rock and Republic almost exclusively. Though thus far, I have yet to see a show in which any of the characters/hosts sport TR. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of transaction going on here. The sort of people who would notice designer jeans on programs like these are probably the sort of people who wouldn't hesistate to go out and buy a pair.

Intentional product placement maybe? :eyebrow

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Ooh my gosh, on Tim Gunn's new show "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style", the premire episdoe he made the woman throw away SFAM. And she wore TRs too.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
Ooh my gosh, on Tim Gunn's new show "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style", the premire episdoe he made the woman throw away SFAM. And she wore TRs too.
That makes me sad. He probably thought they weren't right for her or something... but that doesn't mean they should be thrown out. They're good clothes.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
OMG I do that all the time...and I get especially exited when I know they styles/washes :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts