Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I am close to that time of the month, but when I get buyers who buy and I SPECIFICALLY tell them "no i do not undervalue...yada yada..." They leave a paypal addy, they pay, and in their payment they leave a small note asking you to mark as gift and declare $30.

Fuck that shit man... I hate playing PM tag to begin with back and forth asking this answering that. Now I lost potential buyers who probably wouldve bought....and now I have to wait for a response whether he wants me to either A) Declare in full but mark as gift.. or B) Refund.

And now I Have to go back to potential buyers again and tell them its available and not pending anymore.

Fucking annoying! :smoke

Its probably that time of the month. We should make a rule saying that this question cannot be asked anymore.... hhaha, im kidding. I am just moody today!

· Premium Member
34,067 Posts
now I have to wait for a response whether he wants me to either A) Declare in full but mark as gift.. or B) Refund.
Are you serious? Why are you letting them dictate your terms. Choice C is the right answer. C: SEND THE ITEM WITH THE FORM MARKED CORRECTLY and ignore the note

· Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So they dont run the risk of getting taxed by customs.

I understand asking, but if I already flat out told them I wont do it, and they reply back (quoting my message stating this) and leave me their paypal addy, I would assume they agreed.

I just hate that they do it AFTER they paid. It sucks.

· Registered
3,309 Posts
As an international buyer this pisses me off.

It makes sellers less likely to ship because of crap like this.

If he's in Canada (we have a $20 limit) and buys a $100 pair of jeans, he'd only pay $15 in customs/duty. If you can afford a $100 pair of jeans you can afford to pay the charges :roll

· Registered
1,923 Posts
You are going above and beyond by giving your buyer this choice to get a refund. You would be well within your rights to give a time limit where you can choose to send it or just refund the money and put it for sale again. And as a Canadian, I'm glad you're willing to send as a gift - it really makes the transaction end on a happier note for us up here.

· Registered
8,927 Posts
I would have ignored and sent the package w/ the correct charge. Sometimes customs puts their own value on an item anyway. Like once when they opened my package and charged me on Canadian retail value. I disputed but haven't heard anything since.

· Registered
8,927 Posts
You are going above and beyond by giving your buyer this choice to get a refund. You would be well within your rights to give a time limit where you can choose to send it or just refund the money and put it for sale again. And as a Canadian, I'm glad you're willing to send as a gift - it really makes the transaction end on a happier note for us up here.
I have received enough packages to know that 'gift' doesn't mean jack to them. It all depends on their mood and what time of the month it is. It's hit or miss and no way to try to figure them out. So it's best to just let the seller do what makes them feel better.

· Registered
3,259 Posts
No she doesn't want to mark it as a gift... that's what she's so peeved about!

OP, just mark the correct amount. I'm an international buyer and would never ask sellers to do that... it's against the law (I think?)!

· Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No she doesn't want to mark it as a gift... that's what she's so peeved about!

OP, just mark the correct amount. I'm an international buyer and would never ask sellers to do that... it's against the law (I think?)!

I can mark as gift, thats fine iwth me, I just wanna mark it for what the buyer paid, not $30 :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.