Authentic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up to a fresh 2-3" of snow this morning in northern Idaho. :) Normally I'd be a little bitter about it, but after it was down to the low teens and single digits earlier this week, snow (and thus the warmer weather) is a blessing. The view from out my (dirty :eek:) window...

Luckily this isn't anywhere near as much as we had almost a year ago. For comparison (from early January 2009)

(my bf cleared that whole opening for my car to get through - BY HIMSELF! With a SHOVEL! What a trooper. :love)

So what's the winter weather like where you live? How much snow do you have (or sunshine, if you're in a warmer climate or the southern hemisphere)? Post pics! We can celebrate or commiserate together! :D

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Great pics but OMG!:bigeyes The snow in The Jan '09 pics is ridiculous! How the hell do you drive in that? I am praying that it doesn't snow here...well maybe it can do on Christmas day.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Roxy, that snow is :eek:. I've never seen snow living all my life in Florida and never going anywhere :shake. I think it looks beautiful! One day I hope to see some!

This is my front yard just now. It is 82 degrees today.

and this is as close to snow as I will get for now! :jumping

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
82 degrees?! :eek: Wow...just a few days ago my nostril hairs would literally freeze when I stepped outside! You don't even want to know what that feels like! :rofl

And cute pup. :)

ETA: I type slow. Holy crap, -31? :twitch I'm sure you know what I mean about the nostril thing then. And crunchy snow. That's how I know when it's too damn cold.

·
Registered
494 Posts
We probably have a couple feet of snow ... and it's -31 today :( :cry
I feel your pain. -28C here. I can't even look through my window with all the ice and snow on it. :cry

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I KNOW!!!! The nostril thing ... it's really a mutual thing in the dry, cold parts of Canada (and probably in the States too - I've never been to the States in the winter though). Everybody will just look at each other and know ...

ETA: -28??? WOW! Normally Calgary is much warmer than Edmonton ... I heard you guys got a lot of snow lately too :(

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
So what's the winter weather like where you live? How much snow do you have (or sunshine, if you're in a warmer climate or the southern hemisphere)? Post pics! We can celebrate or commiserate together! :D
I love :love snow!!!!!, I lived in a town with hard winters and a lot of snow when I was little!!, now I live in a city where always raining, and rain, and rain, now is almost summer here but still raining :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
82 degrees?! :eek: Wow...just a few days ago my nostril hairs would literally freeze when I stepped outside! You don't even want to know what that feels like! :rofl

And cute pup. :)

ETA: I type slow. Holy crap, -31? :twitch I'm sure you know what I mean about the nostril thing then. And crunchy snow. That's how I know when it's too damn cold.
Yeah, warm is nice but, being this warm around the holidays just makes it less festive I guess. We are hoping for a little cooler weather soon.

Thanks! :love his name is Milo!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Much warmer? Not as of late. We had windchill of -39C not too long ago :(

And yes, we've been getting bucketloads of snow. It was so bad two Saturday's ago, that my bank closed because everyone's cars were stuck and a good chunk of bus routes were canceled too.

On the bright side, our weather isn't as extreme as Saskatchewan. -50C windchill :bigeyes

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Okay, maybe not "much" :eek: ... At least Calgary has chinooks! At the City Centre airport I think it was around -56 early this morning ... brrrrr ... and Saskatchewan is normally that cold, right? SO glad I don't live there .......

Yeah, last weekend was when all this snow fell, and it was a nightmare getting around.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Much warmer? Not as of late. We had windchill of -39C not too long ago :(

And yes, we've been getting bucketloads of snow. It was so bad two Saturday's ago, that my bank closed because everyone's cars were stuck and a good chunk of bus routes were canceled too. On the bright side, our weather isn't as extreme as Saskatchewan. -50C windchill :bigeyes
This happens after one snowflake in the UK.:jumping We can't cope with snow AT all!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
The Christmas decorations in Florida make me jealous. :rofl It's warmer here today, about 20 degrees F. :woohoo But we got a good foot of snow last week, and they cancelled school due to the wind and cold (i.e., "blizzard conditions" as the weather people say). You know it's bad when they cancel school in Minnesota! :rofl

We had about -20 degrees F last week with the wind chill. Winter is here, huh?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I'm in Berkeley, California, and it reached freezing a few days ago. Lately it's just rainy.

I'm going to Ottawa in a few days. This is what the roads look like:

(Taken by my sister's friend, as my sister drove.)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Yeah, warm is nice but, being this warm around the holidays just makes it less festive I guess. We are hoping for a little cooler weather soon.

Thanks! :love his name is Milo!
Yes warm weather at christmas time makes it hard to get in the christmas spirit, I am only about an hour or two away from you. I hope it is not another warm christmas:D I guess you always want what you don't have:magwink

BTW Milo is very handsome :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
The Christmas decorations in Florida make me jealous. :rofl It's warmer here today, about 20 degrees F. :woohoo But we got a good foot of snow last week, and they cancelled school due to the wind and cold (i.e., "blizzard conditions" as the weather people say). You know it's bad when they cancel school in Minnesota! :rofl
Um yes. Except that I was on the road at 5am on my way to work at a school, and made it halfway there before I found out and had to turn around... :mad:

But I seriously don't remember having a snow day in MN since I was in elementary school, so :woohoo for having the day off.

I hate winter with the fire of a thousand suns, and that's about all I have to say.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts