Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awww thanks

thanks y'all. i feel a bit less like a tool now.:eek:

i'll say i think the fakes were really well done, so to speak. the grommets have the little 7's on the back, the tag has the cut and style printed on, the white tag is in the right place with the right font, the pockets are right.

what tipped me off:

--the seller is no longer on ebay :shake
--the cut # is a frequently faked one (705573)
--the denim sort of feels off to me.

i'm uploading the pics now. how is buying off the marketplace here? has anyone gotten burned

· Registered
5,192 Posts
You never know, the NARU could be a coincidence. :) I say post pics and see what the people here have to say.

And buying from the AF mall is supposed to be 100% safe! :)

Welcome to AF!

· Premium Member
34,067 Posts
ah yeah, fakes. Real ones of those are very hard to find, they were Bloomingdales exclusives. There were probably about 1000-1500 made, not 8 billion which is about how many fakes are on ebay per year. lol

Our mall is screened for authenticity before any item can appear for viewing to our members. We've had only 1 fake slip through this year out of thousands upon thousands of items, though obviously we cannot guarantee that a shady seller will not post real pictures and send a different fake pair, but that has not happened yet either. We do recommend that all purchases be paid with a credit card though so you have maximum protection. You will also be able to see from hanging around who the long time and most knowledgeable members are, with the most sales, etc, and those will be your definite safe bets

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Bad news, those are fake indeed :cry

Good news, you came to the right place! Welcome!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.