Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Denim Goddess
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need shoe advice from people who have a better sense of style than I do. I have $100 to spend at Zappos (Gift certificate) and I want to get 2 pairs with that if I can.

Right now, my shoe repetoire is incredibly boring- I wear these sketchers lace-up boots (which I'm sure are a huge fashion no-no) that are chunky & have a 2.5" heel, these black square-toe boots with a 3" heel (again, kinda chunky), slightly more fashionable brown pointy-toe boots with a stiletto-ish heel, ugg Kalie clogs (I know, shut up!), and then these franco sarto slip-on black dress shoes with a 1.5" heel.

I want shoes that will go with pretty much anything, that are comfy but cute, and have a 2-3" heel. I'm a teacher, and spend most of my day on my feet.

Can anyone recommend some shoes? I think I'll post pics in this thread for opinions as I find them, but I'd love advice from you guys. Thank you!

·
Denim Goddess
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^This is why i need help! I'm still stuck with my shoe tastes from college. It's awful!!

I *love* the Bangor & Excite...both have 3" heels. Those would look good with most jeans, right? What do you wear with peep toes when it's cold? I've never owned any except sandals.

I'm sorta embarrassed at how I have no clue about cute shoes!

·
Registered
13,747 Posts
With peep toes in colder weather, you can wear ribbed tights - it looks really cute :) I have the excitte in Navy, and adore them. I wear them almost every day at work. IMO, all those styles look great with jeans.

·
Denim Goddess
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay...going to get the Excite in black...it's the last 1 in my size! Now I need 1 more pair of something in another color that will go with everything.

·
Registered
9,644 Posts
I wanna know - how do you not die when you wear those pencil thin heels? I love them but Id be right on my butt if I ever went outside wearing them..

Sorry to jack your thread Jess!! I like chunky heels too so I need advice on shoes just like you :)

·
Denim Goddess
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The wishbones are a little too stylish for frumpy me...and a little pricey.

I ordered the Excittes, and I'm going to call tomorrow to see if they'll price match the 59.99 at shop.com, so I still have $40 left (and I'll throw in some of my own $ for the right cute pair).

Can I hire you to be my personal shopper??

The Steve Madden wedges are so cute geebs, but a little out of my price range.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
I wanna know - how do you not die when you wear those pencil thin heels? I love them but Id be right on my butt if I ever went outside wearing them..

Sorry to jack your thread Jess!! I like chunky heels too so I need advice on shoes just like you :)
one word
PRACTICE :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts