Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So from what I understand, It is ALWAYS the sellers responsibility to make sure the item gets to the buyer. So why do they make insurance an option? If I don't purchase insurance and the item doesn't get to me...isn't the seller still liable? Just curious.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Seller is always liable. Most sellers thinks the buyers are liable so this is why they try to offer insurance. Just think about it. If you were to mail a pair of jeans back to an online store and the jeans never make it then its on you to be protected.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
Yes, insurance is there to protect the SELLER, not the buyer. The seller is required to deliver the item to the buyer in said condition, regardless of what terms they throw into an eBay listing.

·
Registered
623 Posts
They offer it hoping buyers don't know any better and purchase it on top of the other cost. That way they pay their own inurance instead of the seller paying for it or working it into the cost/fees.

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
They offer it hoping buyers don't know any better and purchase it on top of the other cost. That way they pay their own inurance instead of the seller paying for it or working it into the cost/fees.
:yes

I offer free shipping and send jeans Priority Flat Rate with DC but I don't pay for insurance on every package. If a buyer really wants it, then I give THEM the option to pay for it. Since I pay for all the shipping costs I think that is fair. I know I am liable anyway but it's just a chance I take.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
for expensive stuff (jeans) i ALWAYS buy insurance. i make it required on top of shipping rate and let them know in the auction that shipping already includes insurance, just so buyers don't think i'm overcharging them

but if i'm selling used clothes or something that only sells for under $25, then i make insurance optional :)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
:yes

I offer free shipping and send jeans Priority Flat Rate with DC but I don't pay for insurance on every package. If a buyer really wants it, then I give THEM the option to pay for it. Since I pay for all the shipping costs I think that is fair. I know I am liable anyway but it's just a chance I take.
same thing i always do ;score

1 - 9 of 9 Posts