Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so with warmer weather here and sephora's 15% off sale going on i was hoping to get a good make up recommendation for reducing shine. when i wash my face in the morning if i dont put lotion on right away my face dries out super fast [i use hope in a jar, which is the only thing ive found that keeps me moist and dont have to reapply again within 5 min]. but within a few hours i have a gross oily shine across my forehead, nose and cheeks. ive tried different washes and lotions and none have done the trick so im thinking i need to maybe get some sort of better makeup product instead. right now i use MUFE HD or clinique ance solutions foundations [but i never use it on my forehead].

any recommendations that can be purchased at sephora?

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I don't have any make-up recommendations, but have you thought about using oil blotting sheets? You can definitely get them at drug stores, but you can get some at Sephora too. IME, they're all pretty much the same everywhere, but I really like them because they don't mess up your make up and blots the oil away!

I've tried this one before and I really liked it, but it's a bit pricey.

Sephora: Shiseido Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Paper: Acne/Blemish Control

As for the drug store ones,

I like the Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing sheets

Buy Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets & More | drugstore.com

and if you have acne, I've used this too. Tea tree oil is supposed to help with blemishes :)

Tea Tree Oil Facial Blotting Tissues | The Body Shop ®

I hope this helps even though it's not really a make-up product, but this is a way to get rid of it throughout the day.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I agree with the blotting sheets! I use the Sephora Lavender ones. They're the only kind I have found that remove the oil and don't mess up your make-up. I highly recommend them!

Link

I also use Kiehl's moisturizer and toner that's made for oily skin and acne/blemishes. I love both products!

Toner

·
Registered
10,455 Posts
i don't have any shine problem since i started using a clarisonic a year ago, but i totally agree with the shiseido blotting sheets suggestion :) i used those for years and they were the best i tried :thumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would definitely recommend blotting paper as well!
I love the Clean & Clear ones :yes
I also found that using a primer helps when I'm wearing make-up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also used blotting sheets with another brand but I suggest you find another make up product that fit your skin type. I assume you have an oily skin that requires a moisturizer that fit for oily skin and I think it makes a different in having oily forehead :)

Recommend this Face Moisturizer with SPF 50

1 - 8 of 8 Posts