Authentic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am brand new to this forum although I have creeped on it in the past :)

My question is- have any of you sold your Paiges on ebay? What worked/didn't work? I listed a pair that no one bid on- [edit], NWOT! they are beautiful but too big for me and I ripped off the tags before realizing it. I bought these from the Home Shopping network...should I say this on the listing? Do Paiges take more time to sell? My listing was for 3 days and I'm wondering if I should relist for much longer. Any advice is greatly appreciated- or if any of you are interested I can direct you to my listing! :)

·
Premium Member
34,070 Posts
Paiges tend not to sell well on Ebay, I've noticed. Try the AF Mall here--at least people here tend to know more about what these pairs are actually worth.
"worth" is completely subjective. They are "worth" what the market will bear. Which in the case of ebay is obviously less than what the OP wants for them.

·
Premium Member
26,102 Posts
Most likely the 3 day listing is due to the recent sale on listing fees 1/2 price for 1, 3, 5 day listings ... I hate running stuff on 3 day. It rarely sells for what it is worth since less people see it, the chances of making a sale on 7 day is much higher and worth the extra fees in this case.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
^But of course, the LC petites I had my eye on somehow ended for $89. :shake Bad luck for me I guess.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
^ Petite Paiges are a whole different deal. Paige Petite is harder to come by (Paige doesnt make that many of them) and there are lots of people who want them because they work out better than hemming a regular paige (distressing falls correctly on the knee etc).

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
^Yeah I figured they would be in high demand but another pair in the same size, only slightly more worn, went for only $40 right before that, so I was surprised.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wonder why this is? Paige is a popular brand and loved by many.....I would think the ebay bids would go up higher..

Then again, auctions in my size which is so rare (size 34) almost always ends over $100. :madbeating

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Paiges tend not to sell well on Ebay, I've noticed
Try to sell with international shipping, I've been in a lot of auction fights, in the auctions that allow international shipping!! (I lost...5 or 6, each one with 8 or more bidders), the last one was a used pair (really used) and finished in $60:bigeyes

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
I ship internationally and I can't sell Paige like I used to. Even in the AF Mall they go for less now. :(

On the otherhand, I can buy Paige for far less that I used to pay on eBay.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I ship internationally and I can't sell Paige like I used to. Even in the AF Mall they go for less now. :(

On the otherhand, I can buy Paige for far less that I used to pay on eBay.
Agree...I was able to sell my paige for only $18 (3 watchers and 1 bid), but I bought these pair for $19. (ended up loosing shipping fee, but oh well they didn't fit)

·
Banned
21,191 Posts
^ouch. This is why you should either start at a price you're willing to let them go for or just do a BIN...

I wonder why this is? Paige is a popular brand and loved by many.....I would think the ebay bids would go up higher..
They're not as popular as 7FAM :IDK

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
paige used to go for a lot. 7fam hasn't been selling that well on ebay either... at least in my size. sales in general suck right now. just look at all the stuff you've got in the mall and had in the mall forever. no one wants it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
paige used to go for a lot. 7fam hasn't been selling that well on ebay either... at least in my size. sales in general suck right now.
Yeap, that's true I saw a lot of auctions being won for pennies!!, good for my buyer perspective but obviously not for the seller.
The only brand that apparently sell well IMHO is TR and is just me, or a lot of Miss Me jeans are being sell for more money that Paige's, 7's, etc... that's weird

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Yeap, that's true I saw a lot of auctions being won for pennies!!, good for my buyer perspective but obviously not for the seller.
The only brand that apparently sell well IMHO is TR and is just me, or a lot of Miss Me jeans are being sell for more money that Paige's, 7's, etc... that's weird
agreed..

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yep - I just sold a pair of Rock Revival and a pair of Paige LC's on eBay and the Rock Revival actually ended early with a BIN for four and a half times what the Paiges did. I sent the Paiges to Russia. The Express shipping cost more than the jeans! The buyer was happy to pay it though.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I remember having sold a couple of used paiges for over $100 when I was just starting to wear the brand...now a BRAND NEW pair can't even sell for $75.:(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts