Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little over a week ago I posted about jeans that I got which were different than the ones pictured in the auction. They were missing the Rock and Republic embroidered stamp and had some minor damage. After confirming authenticity here, I contacted the seller about this.

original post:
http://www.authenticforum.com/rock-...jeans-just-arrived-today-very-suspicious.html

The seller has actually been very helpful. He's offered to give me some money in return for the damage/missing stamp, or return them for a full refund.
I've decided I want to keep them, so I was wondering how much money I should ask for? How much would it cost to get the jeans repaired at Nordstrom's? (estimates are ok)
Please refer to link above to see the damage.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I had a similar situation like yours, but I had more unreported flaws on my jean. Nord charged me more because I had more flaws to fix up, but based on ur ONE flaw, I'd estimate it as an $8 fix (because the pair did NOT originally come frm Nord, and therefore, the alteration fee will be higher).

I forgot to look at the auction in terms of what u were charged 4 shipping, but perhaps if it was something relatively high, u could split that amount w/the seller??? Then ur refund would be 1/2 shipping fee + $8 fix-up job.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im glad its working out well for you... thats what being nice and not assuming the seller was trying to screw you can do :)

If, in the end, you want to keep them anyway... just go and get a real estimate and cover the cost... thats fair enough, since u got them for WAY under retail anyway... be fair as the seller is being fair to you... if you get crazy asking for 30+$ the seller is going to assume you're trying to screw them and wont be as likely to give you anything.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
this happened to me once too. there was one teeny tiny flaw that the seller forgot to mention and she refunded me half of what i paid! ($90)
i wasn't complaining, i was only expecting just the shipping fees at least but the seller was super duper nice! i'm sure around $20 is good enough to fix that.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I think $10-$15 is fair :) $20 would be nice, but I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to ask for that if the seller is being so nice about it.

I had a pair come with a huge flaw in the back - slits or something. The seller was a big lying bitch so I escalated to a claim and said I wanted $25 back. I actually only wanted $20, but I said $25 in case she wanted to bargain. She got scared and refunded me my $25 :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think $10-$15 is fair :) $20 would be nice, but I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to ask for that if the seller is being so nice about it.
I agree!
And Babypoison, you sound like a super sweet buyer! :rofl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts