Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so does anybody have any ideas on fixing these leg openings? i never had these jeans hemmed because they were only like a half inch too long. now they are basically destroyed on one side and there's a hole on the other leg also. anybody have any ideas on how to fix these or keep them from getting any more damaged? the one leg is about to lose the entire bottom piece!

also what wash are these suckers? this is my absolute favorite pair of summer jeans that i have.

· Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had a pair like that and i took the hems off of another pair and replaced/attached them.
about that hole.. i would just patch it up on the inside.
would i have to shorten them to replace the original hem with a different one? if so, how much do you think it would shorten them? i would assume just up to where the rip is. is that right? and where in the world am i gonna find a spare hem?!

· Registered
1,344 Posts
i had a pair like that, i hemmed em a tiny bit so the hole was patchd and they just looked distressed, not shredded. if they can stand to be a bit shorter, i think thats the simplest, least bulky way to do it. u dont need a new/spare hem, just patch up the hole on the one you have by reattaching it.

pm me if that made no sense, i have pics. lol :D

no idea on the wash tho :IDK

· Registered
43,413 Posts
would i have to shorten them to replace the original hem with a different one? if so, how much do you think it would shorten them? i would assume just up to where the rip is. is that right? and where in the world am i gonna find a spare hem?!
well, hopefully you'd have a pair from home that matched well enough. i used the hems off of a pair of COH on my 7fam Havana's :) they ended up matching perfectly.

as far as the hole..if it's too high up, i would just leave it there and patch it.
if you can afford to shorten the length that much, then yeah- right where the rip/hole is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.