Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is a new book based on GONE WITH THE WIND (Best. Novel. Ever., IMO) and I am so excited! I found out about it when I opened my new PEOPLE magazine last Friday. The reviewer actually gave it a pretty good review as well. It is the same story told from Rhett Butler's point of view. My copy is on its way!:D

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
So there is a new book based on GONE WITH THE WIND (Best. Novel. Ever., IMO) and I am so excited! I found out about it when I opened my new PEOPLE magazine last Friday. The reviewer actually gave it a pretty good review as well. It is the same story told from Rhett Butler's point of view. My copy is on its way!:D
There is a set of books that is the same story of Pride and Prejudice told from Darcy's point of view. I really liked them.

I need to read GWTW again and then buy this book you posted about.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I can't wait! My copy has been shipped! Yay!

Thursday--It arrived today and I'm starting it this afternoon, right after my nap! LOL!

·
Premium Member
10,278 Posts
E can i buy this at bookstores? Gone with the Wind is my favorite book ever! Who' s the author?

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was written by Donald McCaig and it was authorized by Margaret Mitchell's estate. I'm sure it can be purchased at bookstores; it just came out on the 5th, I believe.

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
Anyone read any part of it?
I may have to go get it...I LOVED GWTW!
My Favorite for sure!

I don't want it to be a disappointment:(

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^Yep, I'm about a third of the way through it. I like it but it's different. Every once in a while, the author throws in some dialogue that's exactly Margaret Mitchell's. It's neat to read it.

·
Premium Member
10,278 Posts
I just finished reading this. While it did answer a LOT of questions you had in GWTW it was lacking the passion and wonderful description that GWTW had. All in all it was a good book but i guess for me nothing can top the original. I do love how it explained things like who Belle Watling's son was and what Rhett's relationship was with Belle. Oh btw it was much better than Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^Charla, you are amazing! You reviewed the book almost exactly like PEOPLE magazine did. The reviewer for PEOPLE said that while RBP was a good novel, it lacked the passion between the characters like the original had.

True GWTW fans are never going to love anything like we loved the original, but as PEOPLE (and you) stated, it was much better than SCARLETT. Thank God, right?

Thanks for not posting spoilers as I am not anywhere near finished! You are a quick reader!

·
Premium Member
10,278 Posts
I read very fast E and i read it in 5 hours or so without putting it down. (i read alot) LOL didnt know People reviewed it that way. Do you feel that the descriptions of things arent as good as the original?

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
. Oh btw it was much better than Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley.
True GWTW fans are never going to love anything like we loved the original, but as PEOPLE (and you) stated, it was much better than SCARLETT. Thank God, right?!
That story stunk big time.:shake:(:mad: A total waste.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I read very fast E and i read it in 5 hours or so without putting it down. (i read alot) LOL didnt know People reviewed it that way. Do you feel that the descriptions of things arent as good as the original?
Margaret Mitchell certainly had a way with words that cannot be replicated.

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
I just bought it!:D:D:D

Going to get started ASAP!:love

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^Joan, I didn't know you were a GWTW fan! That's awesome!!!!!!!

I haven't had time to read; I'm only on chapter 3.

·
Premium Member
32,335 Posts
^^Joan, I didn't know you were a GWTW fan! That's awesome!!!!!!!

I haven't had time to read; I'm only on chapter 3.
I may beat you ... once I get going, I crank out books:magwink
Starting...TONIGHT!:D

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I may beat you ... once I get going, I crank out books:magwink
Starting...TONIGHT!:D
I can crank out a good book too but it kind of pisses me off that I don't have anything to read after a day or so.:shake I try to go to used book stores. I'm not going to get this one until I read GWTW again because it has been some time.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^I have read GWTW over and over again. I used to read it every summer. The prose is absolutely gorgeous.

You could read RHETT BUTLER'S PEOPLE in a day at the most. It's good.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I just finished reading this. While it did answer a LOT of questions you had in GWTW it was lacking the passion and wonderful description that GWTW had. All in all it was a good book but i guess for me nothing can top the original. I do love how it explained things like who Belle Watling's son was and what Rhett's relationship was with Belle. Oh btw it was much better than Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley.
As the saying goes, you can't reheat a souffle; I bet I'll buy and read this, though. I wasn't a huge fan of Scarlett, either...I thought it was kind of lame that Ripley took her out of the South and to Ireland. I wanted to see her among the GWTW gang...I was REALLY upset that RIpley killed off Mammy in the first 50 pages!!!!!!!:mad:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts