Authentic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive my dumbness...I know this has been a veeerrry common topic on this board, but I still can't get it straight:

When you file a SNAD--Counterfeit item claim in PP, do you ship the item back to the seller?

I've actually looked at one of PP's FAQs or something like that and I remember reading IN PRINT something like "the buyer should not return the item to the seller but instead destroy it. the buyer will receive a full refund."

In my case, it's still a dispute right now (I haven't escalated yet) and the seller is offering a refund (said nothing about return shipping) when I return the item. She also threw in something about how the item was from a store that "only carries the best name brands."

Do I
-escalate the claim and let PP tell me not to return the item?
-ship the item back and get my refund?

I really don't want to return the fake shirt because I have a feeling she'll just try to re-sell it. She was pretty nice about it and she's got 12K FB, 99.6% positive...:twitch

Thanks so much for your advice!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
It was my understanding that paypal would direct you to either destroy or send the item back but wait for others who have experience filing a SNAD claim. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts