Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I've got a burgundy tan Carly. The hangtag fell off while I was carrying it a few weeks ago, and I contacted Coach to see if they could send a replacement. I would have paid for one but they were nice enough to send it for free. Anyways, the original hangtag was a leather one that matched the leather trim, but the new one is a metal one that matches the brass hardware, and, IMO looks a little bit strange and kind of fake. Should I...

1) Just carry the bag without a hangtag
2) Use the brass one that looks weird
3) Contact them again to see if they can send a burgundy one or scour Ebay to see if I can find out myself.

I just want some opinions...I can post pics of it with the brass tag later if anyone wants to see:eek:

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I would contact Coach again and see if they have the one that came with your Carly. If not, personally, I would probably just carry it with the one they sent you. But if it really bothers you, check Ebay, you might get lucky and find one there. Good luck!

P.S. I'm sure it doesn't look bad with the brass hang tag, but post pictures if you can :)

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
I had no idea this hangtag was such a big deal. lol I always thought it was supposed to be taken off but had no idea what to do with it.

·
Registered
15,014 Posts
Even if you call coach they cannot guarentee that the one they send you will match. When I worked there last year they sent out a lot of metal and a few patent leather. I would recommend def trying to call and hopefully you get a nice SA and describe in detail the bag, but its possible they may not be able too. If not just wear it without it :IDK doesnt make a difference IMO

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Can you take it into the Coach store and see if they have one there?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright here are some pics...sorry they are kind of bad, but you can get an overall idea of how the brass looks:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is kind of growing on me...it just looks a lot different than the normal carly tags do so it takes a bit of getting used to.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i definitely wouldnt notice the tag if i saw it; i'd just be more focused on how cute the color goes with the Carly :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts