Authentic Jeans Forums banner

Re: EDIT stains on my Super T's!

5K views 109 replies 35 participants last post by  **fancy**pants** 
#1 ·
Re: EDIT stains on my Super T's!

I feel the need to address Joan's post because it was completely wrong and I'm really mad now.

I initially saw the jeans on another site but finalized the transaction on AF via PMs since we were both members and I've only shopped on AF aside from Ebay and actual retail websites. There's no link to the listing, it was deleted before I even made payment on AF. I KNEW that before my post so I knew there would be no embarassment to the unknown seller.

I was not 'throwing a fit' or ' bitching' and I'm sure everybody who read my post would agree. The reason for the post that she deemed 'unneccesary at this juncture' is because I wanted advice on how to remove the stains. If I was bitching, I would have contacted the seller and requested a refund or sent some sort of angry email, which I have not. If you notice, the tone of my posts were not even angry...not even one angry smilie or derogatory word toward the seller. Even when others commented about the seller, I steered away from it. THAT was how thrilled I was about the jeans.

BECAUSE I do want to keep the jeans, I did not see a reason to send her a PM if I was not requesting a refund or partial refund. I should be mad toward the seller, but surprisingly I'm not.

Just because I am not trying to return or get a partial on them, I still find it appropriate to seek advice on removal. If a member bought jeans on Ebay and had the same problem and posted a thread here, is that forbidden?

Somebody mentioned a post about a period stain a while back. I guess that was okay to post?

Regardless of where I bought the jeans, why can't I discuss my problem in the forum...because Joan doesn't like the word 'crap'? What word am I supposed to use for crap when it actually is crap? Would she have been less annoyed if it were poop or number 2? Yes, she is our all knowledgeable mod but that doesn't give her the right to talk to people the way she does when they did not do anything to personally offend her.

Bottom line is the 2 people involved are forum members. For Joan to say she 'doesn't care if the seller is a member' and to be concerned about embarassment of the seller and not concerned about the buyer who received an item in that condition...I think that would make anyone angry.

Like K9bites said...I am way more tolerant than her and most people.

What is worse is that I was NOT angry at all when I saw the stains BUT now I am angry in reaction to Joan's post. For someone tolerant like me to NOT be mad over crap stains and be mad about this, it would have to be pretty mean and nasty.

If anyone should be disappointed, disgusted, and annoyed here it should be me...I am the one who is REALLY dealing with this.

To all the members who offered their advice, thank you! :) I still haven't been able to remove them but I came up with a better solution. I figure if everything I try doesn't remove them, then I guess they won't rub off on me (which psychologically is everyone's concern). If the Zout and Oxy Clean don't work, then I will just patch over the stains with an iron-on fabric material ...as long as they are not touching me, it won't bother me. Don't know why I didn't think of it before! :magwink

luvapup: "THe more I think about this, the more irritated I am becoming.

If you bought this pair from another site, then

DEAL WITH THE CRAP THERE!
Post and bitch wherever that was you made the deal.
I don't care if they are a member here.

This is entirely inappropriate on so many levels.

It seems to me, you just want to pitch a fit over something that most likely is a WASH TREATMENT stain and nothing more.

EVEN if it is as you claim, posting this thread in such a fashion is unnecessary at this juncture.

You do not want a price adjustment.
You do not want to return the item.
You want to keep the item.

You just want to pitch a fit and embarass someone for what reason?
Take it where you made the deal.
:mad:"

See less See more
#2 ·
I did not respond to the initial thread b/c it had already been blocked.
Anyway, what happened to you does suck....but....

I think it would have been best for you not to mention that you had bought the jeans from a forum member.
I think it was completely unnecessary, especially since you only wanted help and opinions on how to clean off the "crap" and what kind of feedback to leave, if any.
Even if you did not mean to embarrass her and did not mention her name, I'm pretty sure she is still very embarrassed.
Also, you should know (better) that it is very easy for a lot of members here to find out who the seller is (we have great detectives).

Just my honest opinion :blink

I think it's a good idea just to patch up the area, at least you won't have to see it anymore and you'll feel a little better when wearing them...

#3 ·
IMO let see some pics of these stains. I had several pairs that had THICK dye discolorations. Most of the time the dye discoloration is embedded into the jeans and has no thickness - it just looks like a stain.

I would like to see this "shit" before making any assessment. Too many times people who are unfamiliar with the washes that have these dye discolorations start raising hell ... only to find out it is part of the wash.

I know for a fact that this particular wash is prone to having stains on the inside as I have sold several myself.

This pair for example:

It had an extreme amount of dye on the inside of the leg. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the inside. It was thick and had a somewhat malleable texture, kinda rubber but dried out at the same time. It did look like blood of course just like most of the red/orange dye discolorations do. Actually when it is thick like that it looks more like dried blood to me then when it is embedded completely. Something happened to this pair in particular where I assume there was an error with the dye process. It looks like something got snagged and ended up depositing a large amount of dye in 1 place.

I noticed 2 areas of dried crap stains on the inside...one is on the corner of the pocket stitching and the 2nd is on the inside back yoke intersection just 2 inches below where the care label ends.
Did this person have explosive diarrhea in the jeans??? cause how in the world did this shit make it all the way over to the pocket ... and the rest of the jeans are fine???

I have treated with Shout and super concentrated detergent and scrubbed the crap out of it without being able to scrub the crap out of it
sounds very familiar to me ... just like the dye stains that are deep in the fabric and nothing is going to take them out except cutting them out of the jeans!

Did you turn the entire pair inside out and check the rest of the pair? Many times dye discoloration will be random on the inside of the jeans.

#57 ·
IMO let see some pics of these stains. I had several pairs that had THICK dye discolorations. Most of the time the dye discoloration is embedded into the jeans and has no thickness - it just looks like a stain.

I would like to see this "shit" before making any assessment. Too many times people who are unfamiliar with the washes that have these dye discolorations start raising hell ... only to find out it is part of the wash.

...It had an extreme amount of dye on the inside of the leg. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the inside. It was thick and had a somewhat malleable texture, kinda rubber but dried out at the same time. It did look like blood of course just like most of the red/orange dye discolorations do. Actually when it is thick like that it looks more like dried blood to me then when it is embedded completely...

Did this person have explosive diarrhea in the jeans??? cause how in the world did this shit make it all the way over to the pocket ... and the rest of the jeans are fine???

Did you turn the entire pair inside out and check the rest of the pair? Many times dye discoloration will be random on the inside of the jeans.
Hi Mike, thanks for all the input!

Well, the stains are brown for sure(not reddish) and I did turn the entire jean inside out and there are no other similar stains anywhere else inside or outside.

The stains are only on those 2 areas and only on the stitching, which is what made me think it somehow got rubbed there and not randomly in any sort of 'process'. Not deep in the fabric either.

I was not implying that it was the sellers 'crap'. Since she had said she didn't wear it, I thought maybe it got there from rubbing against other sullied clothes (not necessarily her sullied clothes but wherever she got them from). At the time of the post, I thought maybe she didn't notice the stains but later I remembered she said she patched up the tiny hole next to the pocket, and that patch is right next to the stain. I did not think about this until later after the post was locked...the fact that she had done the patching meant she had to have SEEN the stains. If they were not what I thought they were, I think it should have been mentioned it so I wouldn't have been surprised. This is all recent revelation to me.

All I have tried on the stains is Shout, detergent on Q-tips, and baking soda...and scrubbing. I have only spot treated the stains, not washed the entire jean. Here are the 2 stains as of this morning. One of them has very slightly lightened.

As for all Joan's assumptions...they would not have happened if she knew me in real life. I speak with alot of details in my everyday life so this comes out in my writing. My BF even has even said that I don't need to tell stories with every single detail. That's just my personality...it has nothing to do with ill intent. So because I mentioned that the seller was an AFmember, to me was not out of the ordinary. Like I said, I wasn't angry so was not trying to embarass her.

I also use the word sh_t alot in everyday life and I substituted that with 'crap' in my post in order to avoid the 's' word. And because I thought the stains were actually crap, then the word came out alot. Joan perceived an angry 'tone' to this that was never even there. She probably hardly ever uses those words, so to her, it seemed like I'm 'shouting it over and over' when that is just how I speak. Differences in how people speak come out when they type and being on a computer, these nuances are often not considered.

#4 ·
I'm going to 2nd T-Hoard's post. TR's are especially notorious for strange deposits from the washing process. I've had ones with big thick clumps even, and tons with red/brown staining on the inside from the dye process. What you are describing sounds quite unlikely to be human excrement.

#5 ·
I also agree with t-hoard's & idalis' posts. Regarding particular TR washes -- Road Dog and Whiskey Creek, have these type of overdye stains which are more easily seen when turned inside out.

As t-hoard mentioned, how would that type of waste end up in those places only? Believe me, after having 2 kids with every possible expulsion, if it were poop, it probably would have been removed already with the methods you have tried thus far. Baby cloth diapers can be washed and those stains removed probably with less effort than you have gone through and if that is the case, it is overdye as part of the wash.

As I suggested to you earlier, if Oxy Clean or an enzyme product does not remove it, it is not an organic stain such as poop.

Regarding your thread, it at minimum did not belong in TR. You could have tactfully asked about stain removal in another section such as GD. Regarding the period stain thread, you weren't involved and don't know what that encompassed, for it was far more than the stain that was the subject so you should not be using that comparison here.

#6 ·
You think YOU are ANGRY?:eyebug

You have added to your own problems by POSTING A NEW thread about a thread that was locked.
Read the rules.
6. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, repetitive posts (spamming/posting the same post in multiple areas or threads) or the such. Please do not post threads to continue discussing locked topics.
After I finished packing a lunch to finish reading your always novel length posts...

Let me address your complaints:

milkchocolatebunnie777 said:
I saw the initial posting on another site but finalized the transaction thru AF via her AF PM messages because I have never used another site before.REALLY? Not pertinent to even mention this.

I was not bitching over anything. The reason for the post that you deem 'unneccesary at this juncture' is because I wanted advice on how to remove the stains. If I was bitching, I would have contacted the seller and requested a refund or send some sort of angry email. If you noticed, the tone of my posts were not even angry...not even one angry smilie or derogatory word toward the seller.YES YOU DID...you clearly pointed out it was an AF MEMBER. to fish for like minded complaints and empathy.......TONE? You said CRAP at least 10 times, without clearly knowing any facts. Its ludicrous to automatically assume that actual EXCREMENT would be in the inside pocket upper portion, and not where the actual excrement evacuation area is located.:roll

BECAUSE I do want to keep the jeans, I did not see a reason to send her a PM if I was not requesting a refund or partial refund.IN THE LEAST you should have PM'd the seller asking of the possible stain before you SHOUTED in stone " AF member sold me jeans with shit stains" thread

Just because I am not trying to return or get a partial on them, I still find it appropriate to seek advice on removal. If a member bought jeans on Ebay and had the same problem and posted a thread here, it that forbidden?Anyone know how to get stubborn brown stains out of jeans" would have been just fine:thumbsup

I find it odd that you are concerned about embarassment for the seller, who successfully sold her stained jeans and received my money that I am not even asking a partial for, rather than concern for a buyer who has received an item in such a condition. Stop. All Irrelevent

Also, there is no link to the listing at all...it was deleted before I even finalized payment on AF for them and I knew this before I posted this thread, so I already knew there is no embarassment to the unknown seller.

Like K9bites said...I am way more tolerant than her and most people. I think if you asked anybody who read and posted to the thread, they will say I was not throwing a fit. You were sensationalizing the matter, not asking for stain removal advice. In addition, as stated: Dye processor colors random inside areas of TR VERY OFTEN. You did not picture the stain, nor even entertain its possibility. Just shouted CRAP over and over.

#7 ·
While we're on the subject of complaints about members... might we perhaps discuss the fact that PM spamming to solicit sales of items not specifically on members wantlists is against forum rules?

#10 ·
Did you try smelling them? Sounds gross, but I'm sure you could determine once and for all whether or not the stain is poo, just by taking a whiff. If it don't smell like shit, it ain't shit :)

#13 ·
I wish I still had the pictures.....but I got a pair of jeans BRAND NEW from Revolve that had a brown 'crap' colored stains on the inside of the jeans near the butt, back pockets, and along the inner waistband system. I remember going 'eeww' that looks gross but realized it must have been part of the dye process. They were not marked irregular. I re-sold them on ebay and just made sure to mention the dye stains. My buyer had no complaints.

#14 ·
Just my .02 to say that I find it highly inappropriate (while we happen to be on the subject) that you would re-open a new thread after the old one was closed when it is clearly stated in the rules, this is not acceptable. If you had issues with Joan, you should have PM'd her and not started a "bash" Joan thread......one which you will LOSE, at that.

You may want to keep in mind that Joan (and all the other Mods here) are DONATING their time to HELP others. They are NOT paid for this!!!!!

So, IMHO......you, my dear, are the one exhibiting highly inappropriate behavior.

Oh, and for the record.....the original post was "detailed" enough that I actually had to stop eating lunch because it made me sick. :( As well, you also CLEARLY made reference that this was purchased on ANOTHER forum!

#15 ·
I don't understand why you didn't just PM the seller. I know that if I had inadvertantly sold some jeans with staining on them I would want the buyer to let me know!!!

#16 ·
I'm not even going to comment on the "stains"/wash b/c its all been said.

I just can't believe OP really posted this extremely long rant challenging Joan. :shake
Did this really seem like a good idea to the OP?

#21 ·
It probably would have been best to PM any gripe you had to Joan and work it out with her. I understand your questions were about how to remove stains but the way it was posted it appeared to defame the seller (who is a member here) before that seller had a way to justify or explain the behavior. Besides - you get more bees with honey...why would you openly go after Joan when a PM would have been much easier and more diplomatic? I am not sure I understand your motives...but it looks like you just put your virtual foot in your mouth :(

#24 · (Edited)
See, this is exactly what we are talking about. I know who "sunnync" is and she is a sweet person. But, really I did not need to know this nor do several others. My viewpoint of her as a seller has not changed, but don't you think that perhaps you made a mistake in your assumption, and you may have now tainted her reputation with others that don't know her? :shake

OP -- you didn't need to state that she is a forum member unless you had a problem with that member. You easily could have written a far more concise, tactful thread and asked for stain removal help without generally pointing a finger. You would have received the information you sought.

#26 ·
Don't offer her a thing.
She said she wants to keep them.
She said she does not want a price adjustment.

It seems clear to me, she wanted to sensationalize something and embarass a forum member for no good reason, and that could best have been solved with a simple question:
"What kind of stains are these??"
OR

" How can you remove a stubborn brown stain from jeans?"
Besides, she has been working and scrubbing and doing all sorts of treatments to the jeans.
You do not want them back now.

#30 · (Edited)
:thumbsup on both counts! We have PM ability for a reason. If she fely uncomfortable pm'ing the seller, she could have pm'ed a mod. Period.

They did not have crap stains when I sold them. And to be honest if I would get pants with shit stains on them I would contact the seller right away :shake
I fully believe you and agree with you. I think the OP wanted drama.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.