Authentic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What would u guys do....the issue here is the inseam :shake which is 28" and at the time I bid I was in a complete R&R fog/frenzy and thought I could make this work. I am 5'4" and could possibly pull this off w/ flats. Considering how hard it is to find these should I go ahead? Is there anything that can be done with the hem - they look pretty beat up to me but then again the seller is willing to sell them for $37.51 including shipping :D

Opps forgot the auction link:

One last pic from seller

·
Registered
572 Posts
What would u guys do....the issue here is the inseam :shake which is 28" and at the time I bid I was in a complete R&R fog/frenzy and thought I could make this work. I am 5'4" and could possibly pull this off w/ flats. Considering how hard it is to find these should I go ahead? Is there anything that can be done with the hem - they look pretty beat up to me but then again the seller is willing to sell them for $37.51 including shipping :D
In general if an article of clothing doesn't fit me really well, it will end up at the back of my closet, and I'll never wear it. $37.51 is a pretty good price though, I'm sure you could resell them for at least close to that if they turn out to be way too short.

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
you could try damp stretching the inseam :IDK

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Michael and Carol I'm such a dodo but the jeans are hemmed w/ originals but what does that even mean when they are shredding anyway? I guess I could let the hem out and see what the damage is. Won't there be lines from all the hem jobs, I mean I can see them in the pic? Can u get rid of these?

As to wet stretching I am all for it but, um, do u just, um, stretch the jeans when they're wet :smack:IDK

Or is their some special technique?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hey Michael and Carol I'm such a dodo but the jeans are hemmed w/ originals but what does that even mean when they are shredding anyway? I guess I could let the hem out and see what the damage is. Won't there be lines from all the hem jobs, I mean I can see them in the pic? Can u get rid of these?

As to wet stretching I am all for it but, um, do u just, um, stretch the jeans when they're wet :smack:IDK

I don't know about the hems but to damp stretch just take them out of the wash before they go in the drier (make sure you use cold water in the wash so they don't shrink) and pull on them lengthwise to stretch them out. Then you can hang them dry.

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
do a search, i know there has been numerous threads about this.. there was one in the TR section from yesterday too.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts

the jeans are hemmed in a bad way.
I could be wrong, but it looks like the jeans were hemmed twice. The first way being the "sandwich" method, then it looks like they did the foldover method (the babyj way), but instead of folding right above the hem they did it 1/2 an inch above the hem.
Now if when they hemmed them the 2nd time they left the fabric intact, you could probably take out the stitching and be fine (at worse there would be a dark area from being folded).
If they cut the fabric then they'll be shorter if you take the hem out .

Hope that makes sense.

for that price, I'd get them & turn them into crops (or cuff them) if they're too short

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK so this is just crap..I went to BIN and it said my offer expired so I contacted seller and she writes back that, "oops sorry about the teaser, it was meant for the stone martin. I'll email if high bidder returns of if the jeans otherwise becomes available. thank you!"

WTF:rantrant:explode

I've never had that happen before

What a bummer.........:cry:bsflag:rant

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I'm so sorry! I would have to call :bsflag on that as well. That was such an awesome price if you could have pulled off that inseam. :cry
Sorry......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts