Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a LV damier hampstead PM and on the corner of the brass plate on the front I noticed the stitching is coming loose! So I went into the LV store last night and asked about a repair and he said to drop the bag off, they would send it in, and let me know how much it would cost. What I want to know are they REALLY going to make me pay for the stitching coming lose??? Its not too noticable just more of an annoyance to me, but I figured they would have a lifelong guarantee for the bag! It kind of annoyed me they said that.... I also have a small scuff I want them to remove. I can understand that me paying for, but the stitch? Is that normal??

· Registered
836 Posts
I recently had a wallet button repaired (not the free snap type), and it cost me $35 + tax. The LV store did quote me on the spot before I agreed to it. They told me about other repairs too. All stitching work would require being sent to their repair center. A replaced Speedy handle is about $80, and to repair a Tivoli lining is about $200. I think they should have quoted you.

I think they will fix things at no charge if the item was purchased within 1 year. Not sure if they fix scuffs, but those may be hard to remove without replacing the whole part.

If they end up quoting you too much, you could get it repaired at a shoe repair place like US Shoe Hospital as long as they have had experience repairing Louis Vuitton. I had wallet seams resewn for only $15. Be careful though....although the repairs made the wallet 100% better, the stitching looked nothing like the original LV appearance. It had thicker thread and large needle holes, but it was better than not repaired.

· Registered
596 Posts
Also just wanted to add that if you have it re-stitched by someone other than LV - IF you ever have an issue in the future -needing other repairs, etc -then LV will not touch the bag (once it has been repaired outside LV).

So you're kind of taking your chances, KWIM? Also, if for some reason you ever decide or need to sell it, you will need to disclose the fact that it was repaired outside LV.

As far as a life-long guarantee, I've never heard of anything even near that-- from their perspective, who knows how people treat their bags, you know? I know people who beat the hell out of them. It wouldn't be fair to expect them to pay for repairs in that sense, if that makes sense.

· Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would not let anyone but LV stitch the bag back up...spent way to much money for it to look jacked up :) And if the stitch was just a tiny bit different I would have an issue with it... I would constantly think about it! I get a little OCD about things like that, weird. Yeah, does make sense about them not repairing bags b/c ppl treat them like crap, but this is such a weird place for stitching to come lose IMO... and I treat this purse like gold lol. I think I bought the bag 3 years ago so not under the 1 year limit. I have no clue how the scuff came about (I mean, its tiny but bothersome to me :) ).... Guess I will just wait until it is a "problem" and then have them repair the stitch and the scuff then. Thanks for the help !

· Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is sad. You would think that a company like LV would want to keep this quality the same as before for their reputation. Sucks to have a nice bag and then it fall apart! Ugh. Unfortunately I think a lot of companies are using cheaper labor which equates to lower standards. Oh well. I still :love the bag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.