Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm needing some clarification on clearing payments. My paypal account is linked to my credit card so when I make a payment, it should clear right away right? Does paypal take some time period before clearing my payment for the seller? Have any sellers had this problem before? Do the payments with credit card take some time to clear?

My problem is that I paid via PP w/ credit card 3 days ago and the seller says the payment is not yet cleared and will not send my item. I understand the logic behind their reasoning but I'm wondering if there's any way that my payment has not been cleared. When I made the payment 3 days ago...my paypal said transaction complete.

Another OT question, within the states, is shipping priority mail the same cost as parcel for 1 pr of jeans?

TIA! :)

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
When you pay with CC, instant transfer, or your paypal balance then the funds are sent automatically. An eCheck is the only one that takes time to clear.

What your Seller is probably experiencing is the new hold time that Paypal/ebay has started for new Sellers. The funds are held for a period of time until and aren't released until you leave positive feedback for the Seller (or a certain number of days has passed). The Seller is required to send your item anyway since it is Paypal that is holding the money. They should have noticed this. :twitch

Parcel and Priority shipping costs are different. A Seller can ship a pair of jeans for $4.75 in a Priority Flat rate envelope.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
If they have questionable or low feedback, it could be that PayPal is holding their funds until you receive the item, as fancypants mentioned.
Could it be that they have a Personal PayPal account (not Premier or Business) and would have to log into PayPal to accept your CC payment? I sent a few CC payments to a couple new sellers on eBay, and since the payment still showed up as "Pending," I sent them a message and let them know they'd have to manually accept my payment for it to go through.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, what should I do then if the seller is refusing to send my item? refer them to this thread? I told them I'd send them a screenshot if they didn't believe me but they haven't responded to my email... They have 41 feedback? so are they still classified as new?

I did ask them to ship in a priority flat rate envelope because I'm on a time constraint i.e. this friday...and they refused but I think the flate rate envelope would be similar to parcel costs but it'd be a lot quicker...but if they had sent it immediately after I paid, I believe it would have made it on time for sure...but now I don't know because they say, they'll contact me when it clears...and then send it T.T

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they have questionable or low feedback, it could be that PayPal is holding their funds until you receive the item, as fancypants mentioned.
Could it be that they have a Personal PayPal account (not Premier or Business) and would have to log into PayPal to accept your CC payment? I sent a few CC payments to a couple new sellers on eBay, and since the payment still showed up as "Pending," I sent them a message and let them know they'd have to manually accept my payment for it to go through.
see, my payment doesn't say pending, it says transaction completed...I know what you're talking about though, I have seen instances where it says waiting for seller to claim payment...but in my case, it already said transaction completed from day 1

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
I did ask them to ship in a priority flat rate envelope because I'm on a time constraint i.e. this friday...and they refused but I think the flate rate envelope would be similar to parcel costs but it'd be a lot quicker...but if they had sent it immediately after I paid, I believe it would have made it on time for sure...but now I don't know because they say, they'll contact me when it clears...and then send it T.T
They should definitely send it Priority now because they should not have waited for payment to clear. It will say so right there on their payment.

Sometimes I give my Sellers the link to this thread to show them how to ship in a Priority Flat Rate:

http://www.authenticforum.com/rules...4-how-fold-ship-jeans-flat-rate-envelope.html

I am pulling up the info on the Paypal Hold for you so you can send them that info.....will just take me a sec.

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
Oh, that seller definitely doesn't have a clue, then. PayPal must be holding funds only on their end until you receive the item. They should probably read the e-mail PayPal sent them when they held your payment. It says everything there. One seller actually tried to blame me for PayPal holding my payment, and she had lots of feedback (in the 2000+ range), but a considerable amount of negatives. Looks like this seller is just as clueless...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so it should say on their receipt of payment that they should ship immediately? I think I'll message them again with the link to this thread and the priority flat rate envelope thread...I'm just getting really frustrated because it should've worked out fine if things were done right from the start...and I'm really hoping that it'll still work out

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, that seller definitely doesn't have a clue, then. PayPal must be holding funds only on their end until you receive the item. They should probably read the e-mail PayPal sent them when they held your payment. It says everything there. One seller actually tried to blame me for PayPal holding my payment, and she had lots of feedback (in the 2000+ range), but a considerable amount of negatives. Looks like this seller is just as clueless...
so what happens if they never send me the item because they held the payment? Its already been charged onto my credit card so paypal has my funds then?... and I still really want the jeans...

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
so it should say on their receipt of payment that they should ship immediately? I think I'll message them again with the link to this thread and the priority flat rate envelope thread...I'm just getting really frustrated because it should've worked out fine if things were done right from the start...and I'm really hoping that it'll still work out
yes
If they click on the amount it will say this
We're holding the funds for 1 payment that you've received for items sold on eBay.

The total amount on hold in your account is: $*** USD

PayPal and eBay are working together to make payments for eBay items even safer. Because we want both buyers and sellers to feel confident about sending and receiving payments through PayPal, we may temporarily hold payments for items sold on eBay.

Make sure to ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We'll release the hold in 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs:

* The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
* We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.

Additional hold period

If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved.

Learn more about the PayPal policy for payments holds on eBay items.

* This applies to US domestic transactions that are shipped by USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either (i) use PayPal shipping labels to ship items or (ii) provide tracking information to PayPal.
Here is what it looks like on the sellers end, if they click on the link that says 'details' on the main page

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
Thanks for posting the screen shot DenimLover. I haven't had any of my funds held yet so I didn't know exactly what it said. I was just trying to remember what I read months ago when they annouced the changes.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya, thanks guys, I got a reply but he/she thinks I was the one who put the hold on it. Then I tried to explain that no, its not me, its the new paypal + ebay policy and I specifically referred them to Denimlover's post and copied a part of it to into what the tiny space the ebay messages would allow. He/she says they'll ship it later today... *crossing my fingers* but I'm praying it'll make it on time because I sent them that link on how to send it priority mail flat rate too.

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
ya, thanks guys, I got a reply but he/she thinks I was the one who put the hold on it. Then I tried to explain that no, its not me, its the new paypal + ebay policy and I specifically referred them to Denimlover's post and copied a part of it to into what the tiny space the ebay messages would allow. He/she says they'll ship it later today... *crossing my fingers* but I'm praying it'll make it on time because I sent them that link on how to send it priority mail flat rate too.

Your Seller is an idiot. I would be so fed up after all the back and forth e-mails that I would probably neg once I received my item.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OMG, tell me if i'm freaking out...but they said they sent it and the tracking info is finally up on ebay so I go and check it...and it says its being to PLAYA DEL REY, CA, US which is nowhere near my friend's address that I specified....its not even my home address!

·
Registered
24,037 Posts
OMG, tell me if i'm freaking out...but they said they sent it and the tracking info is finally up on ebay so I go and check it...and it says its being to PLAYA DEL REY, CA, US which is nowhere near my friend's address that I specified....its not even my home address!
It probably jeans means that is the Post Office that it is going to. From there it will be delivered to the address you requested. I think.

Keep checking. If it shows as DELIVERED to an address other then the one you put on your Paypal payment, then file a claim asap.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts