Authentic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a pair of Scandal Offense Henlee's from the R&R Black Friday sale and overall they look/fit great, although the wash has a whole lot less of that cool effect on it than the pairs in the stock photos.

Anyway, there's no distressing anywhere on the pair except this huge hole above the left pocket. It was almost completely frayed when I got the jeans, and my hand catches in the hole every time I reach into the pocket - I'm worried I'm going to rip it! (see pic #1)

Also, I washed them today (on delicates as usual) and two of the studs on the pocket fell off. I'm not really impressed, since these are $298 MSRP. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The distressing is supposed to be there but it isn't supposed to be a hole. On my pair the fabric is just really worn looking above the pocket.

Mine came with the left pocket sewn up into itself making it nearly useless. Not really sure what is up with these but it could be why they were included in the sale, I dunno.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Wow, that's a really big hole. But can be easily repaired.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
My seamstress does an excellent job of patching distressed holes. I wouldn't even think of doing it myself. Maybe you should bring it to the tailor and let the professional do it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
^ Agree, contact R&R and get a replacement. That hole is too big, and I would consider it damaged. The studs falling off after 1 wash is pretty bad too.. maybe you got a defective pair?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Since it was the black friday sale they probably won't give you a replacement and they'll tell you that they don't have a way of repairing them. They'll offer you a refund despite the fact that all sales were final (that's what they offered me).

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Since it was the black friday sale they probably won't give you a replacement and they'll tell you that they don't have a way of repairing them. They'll offer you a refund despite the fact that all sales were final (that's what they offered me).
Boo, looks like the Black Friday sale was just a way of selling off their defective jeans!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
^ Apparently :(

I would totally get a new pair from them but I agree, they probably can't since they're sold out. I don't want a refund but I'll email them and see if there's anything else they can do.

ETA: I sent them an email and asked if they could fix them or replace them with another similar pair. We'll see :/

·
Registered
231 Posts
Anyway, there's no distressing anywhere on the pair except this huge hole above the left pocket.
I thought that was a pretty funny statement. Wow, I'm surprised you'd accept it. I would have rather taken a refund than have that. :shake. hope they get back to you.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I heard back from R&R and as expected, they simply offered me a refund. I would take it, but I'm picky about my jeans and I really like this pair, especially for only $150 (there aren't a ton of options on ebay in size 28). I guess I'll just get them patched and live without the those two studs (I would glue them back on or something but I don't know where they went)

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Those studs don't actually pierce the denim? I thought only the super small studs (like Impact Drill) used glue and the rest were "real" studs. I had Taylor Collision Course for a week before selling it but I guess I never checked whether the studs were glued or pierced/sewn on.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ no, they do - they're anchored in with little prongs. I'm sure I could figure out some way to keep the studs on if I could find them, lol

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
R&R isn't exactly known for their quality, as stated before

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
DieselofMiami has a few pairs of Henlee Scandal Offense for sale on eBay. I don't know if he has any in Size 28, but it's worth checking into. I believe he is asking $149 plus shipping.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^ Nope, no 28s :(

e.denim has a pair of Vaughn Scandal in my size which he said he would sell me for $140. They don't have the cool studded pockets though, and I do prefer bootcut so I'm still hesitant to send these back...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts