Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so it's not denim related, but I am sure you'll have the answers for me.

Bought some antique dishes off eBay. Four bowls. Seller said they were by a certain manufacturer and were in mint condition. They arrived and 3 of the 4 were by a different manufacturer, therefore not matching my current set (although it was close and only an untrained eye could probably tell) and the 3 also had small chips from the bottoms. I emailed the seller multiple times, he finally responded saying that he hadn't gotten my earlier messages and asked what I wanted to do. I wrote back and asked again for either a partial refund and I'll keep them all or I'll return them to the seller for a partial refund and shipping costs. No response back yet and the seller just posted positive feedback for me on eBay. This auction was originally closed on 10/22.

Should I skip the paypal dispute and go straight to a charge back? Can the seller do anything to hurt my eBay profile if I do this since he's already left feedback? Or should I just go through paypal. Thanks!

· Premium Member
34,067 Posts
NO, NEVER skip the paypal dispute. As per the agreement you signed when you opened your account, you are required to file with them first, or they can freeze or even close your account.

· Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pam. I was guessing that I should do paypal first, but my husband started the account so didn't realize about the agreement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.