Authentic Jeans Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a moron. Seriously.

Prince is suing his three biggest fansites, ordering them to immediately ceast and desist using his image and likeness- publicity photos, pictures from publications, album cover art- anything bearing his name or likeness. He is even going as far as demanding that they removal fans own personal candid pictures of him and concerts and fan tatoos that bear his face, etc.!! First, didn't he ever hear of the fair use doctrine? He's a celeb and a public figure. Too bad so sad. If you don't want people creating internet sites to pay hommage to you then GO AWAY! I mean, is he really interested in career suicide? Why would he want to sue the sh*t out of his biggest fans who painstakingly run and update these adoring sites?? It just totally blows my mind. :shake

Here's a link to the site the three fansites created to deal with the impending lawsuit. The main page gives a good run down of the situation so far and all the insane demands and threats Prince -through his attorneys- has made. Pretty crazy:
Prince Fans United

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
It looks like he's gunning to be known a The Artist Formerly Known As An Artist People Actually Appreciated, also given by this symbol:

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
um, well, he's not going to win, at least in respect to people's own personal pictures, because they are just that: their property-not his! he can't demand the removal of that.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
It looks like he's gunning to be known a The Artist Formerly Known As An Artist People Actually Appreciated, also given by this symbol:

LOL Koro! :jumping
I think he's such a freakin' weirdo! Don't tell DH that though. He thinks he's one of the greatest artists ever! :shake

·
Registered
1,920 Posts

FUNNY. Too funny!! :rofl
I think he needs a slice of humble pie!!:roll

1 - 5 of 5 Posts