Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seriously need to replace my miserable glasses. I've spent so much money on jeans and stuff that I forgot about the ugly-ass glasses I wear pretty much daily.

Does anyone have any recommendations for cool eyeglasses, and if its worth paying for a name? See my avatar for my face shape.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
i have lacoste frames that i LOVE!!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Go to your local glasses place and try a couple of pairs on. I'd stick to more rectangularish lenses, as is the style now. You'd probably be able to get away with those thicker plastic frames, if that's your thing (I think it looks really good on the right people). I personally prefer half rims, so that the frame only runs across the top/side of the lenses and wires hold the lenses in place otherwise. Seriously though, you have to go in and try frames on to see what looks good.

On the topic of designer vs. other, I find that designer frames just plain look better. Some people might claim that there isn't a difference--they are unobservant or in some kind of strong denial. There is a difference beyond just having "Dolce and Gabbana" written on the side of your glasses (which I do enjoy though, BTW). I just convinced my father to buy Versace frames when he got new glasses last week ... now he has nicer glasses than I do. :cry

It's worth it to sacrifice a pair of jeans or two for a solid pair of glasses. And just remember that you can keep the frames were 5-10 years and just replace the lenses when looking at the frame prices. :p

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
I agree with Korobatsu. Go try some one but the thicker rectangular will probably look best on you! Post pics when you decide!!

·
Registered
13,747 Posts
I just updated my frames, I LOVE them. I went with an in between brand(not cheapo, not designer) - I find it doesn't really matter the brand, just find what looks and feels best on you.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
theres a cute pair of dior glasses in the mall... with sunglasses
i think cat is selling them

ok nevermind.. ur a dude
HAHA MB. Rayban makes a series called sidestreet and they are light and comfortable. If you want the best lens quality, get revo. They are hands down the best lenses on the market.
If you want something more sporty, look at the Oakley's M-series.

Don't buy other crappy sunglasses that has a clothing name behind it. They should stick to making clothes with a few exceptions.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm in no way an advocate of fake products, but when it comes to sunglasses I could care less. If you have a local swap meet, you may wanna give that a try. I know the swap meat here sells a ton of fakes and don't get me wrong but from what I believe there was an article published somewhere that fake sunglasses have the same UV rating as the real ones. Often times you are really just paying for the "name" (jeans are an exception :magwink)

I have 2 pairs of Black Flys, one of which broke the other day...Pretty sad day since I've been wearing them for like 3 or 4 years. Oh well though, I can't complain because I got them for free. I am getting some Oakleys now bc my brother is sponsored by them, but I only like 2 or 3 of their designs, so that's a bummer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I always buy premium glasses. You find that you get what you paid for. I use to only buy D&G frames, but my latest pair needs to be updated are something else. I don't know, but i like them. They are titanium and are almost weightless. plus they have never ever gone out of shape.

Hehe, i know that the tint might seem lame to some, but I thought i'd give it a try ;)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Dude....check out the latest from Persol, Prada and DKNY. I am wearing the Persol 2763's today.....check 'em out.

I have about 5 different pairs of shades that I rotate through depending on what I'm wearing and I even break out the old tortoise shell Sonny Crockett's from time to time!

·
Registered
13,747 Posts
HAHA MB. Rayban makes a series called sidestreet and they are light and comfortable. If you want the best lens quality, get revo. They are hands down the best lenses on the market.
If you want something more sporty, look at the Oakley's M-series.

Don't buy other crappy sunglasses that has a clothing name behind it. They should stick to making clothes with a few exceptions.
He needs glasses, not sunglasses. Dunce. :magwink

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Jesse, you're so mean. :cry

I haven't been called a dunce since...last week and it hurt then too. :cry

I'm at work and sometimes I can't read everything word for word. :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
Dude, BabyJ called you a dunce and I concur!!

He needs EYE GLASSES not sunglasses!

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
i have D&G glasses :) i think you should go try some on. i really like mine, even though i usually wear contacts.

lol :rofl ^^

ETA: ^that was supposed to go under lawgals post

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I tried on some half rim Versaces after work. I think I'll get em tomorrow. Will post pics.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I have DKNY glasses and I really like them. I didn't pay a ton for them. i recommend going to Lenscrafters (if you have them where you live) because you can get glasses and return them within 30 days for different ones. It is nice because you never really know how you are going to like glasses until you wear them fro a while. They have a lot of designer glasses at a reasonable price.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts