Authentic Jeans Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
^ ohhh didn't know you were talking about a spa environment :eek: sorry charla :) but yeah I definitely see how that could be necessary since you're using the brushes constantly on many different clients :yes

·
Registered
412 Posts
Do you really have to use alcohol though? Although, im not sure that other substitutes would be any better for the brush, Ive never tried, but arent there other sanitizers you could use?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Okay this is totally OT, I am not knowledgeable about beauty products or makeup at all, but Carol I just looked at that link you posted for cosmetics megabase and I did this :bigeyes! I'm looking up a bunch of stuff, and apparently the "natural" deodorant I use is rated a 10 on their hazard scale! Ahhh it's the last time I use any Jason product.:mad:

Sorry to threadcap. :eek:

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
^ wow a 10! :bigeyes, I have yet to find a product in my collection that's a 10. I have a couple of 7's :eek: yeah that website does make you rethink a lot of the stuff you put on yourself because usually you never really give too much about what is going on your skin.

·
Premium Member
10,278 Posts
Although alcohol may break down brush bristles, spraying some form of alcohol does help the brush from harboring bacteria.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
^ wow a 10! :bigeyes, I have yet to find a product in my collection that's a 10. I have a couple of 7's :eek: yeah that website does make you rethink a lot of the stuff you put on yourself because usually you never really give too much about what is going on your skin.
Yeah, I was browsing through a lot of products and hadn't even seen a 10 until I searched for that. Apparently it's the fragrance that's carcinogenic...Guess I'm off to buy some new products to try!

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
ETA - just for anyone who doesn't know, this website is great to check out any makeup/skincare you use to see how safe it actually is to use. I look up all my products when I'm bored :p and then freak out a little :rofl
SILICA || Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Reviews
^ that is the link to silica info btw.

greeeeeaaaat, something else to get me all freaked out. thanks carol. :p

·
Denim Goddess
14,606 Posts
:rofl glad I could help!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts